The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-01-2020, 04:21 PM
Charter Member

Default Loch Katrine

This is from Stephen Wake's Scottish Lochs album available on Bandcamp (so are the scores).

This is the tune that made me want to learn to play classical. The score has capo 3 as an option and I elected to use a capo on 1 to help with one stretch. Capo at 3 was too high and causing my fat fingers problems,

This is in CGDGCD as is the entire album I believe.

Loch Katrine:

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:08 AM

Good job. I love Stephen Wake's music. He is a fabulous arranger. I have practiced some of his music on steel-string. It opened up a whole new world to me. I fell in love with this tuning. I'm very comfortable with it now. I have a Godin duet grand concert duet ambiance nylon-string. I have tuned it down to CGDGCD and it works nicely for some things. I haven't tried in of his "Loch" arrangements yet. They sound very complicated and I don't have the tablature for them. Your rendition sounds very good. Keep it up.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Carr View Post
Good job. I love Stephen Wake's music. He is a fabulous arranger. I have practiced some of his music on steel-string. It opened up a whole new world to me. I fell in love with this tuning. I'm very comfortable with it now. I have a Godin duet grand concert duet ambiance nylon-string. I have tuned it down to CGDGCD and it works nicely for some things. I haven't tried in of his "Loch" arrangements yet. They sound very complicated and I don't have the tablature for them. Your rendition sounds very good. Keep it up.
Thanks Ken! I've suspended my classical playing for a while. It was getting too frustrating. You can purchase most of Stephen's arrangements on his Bandcamp page.

I've covered a few of his steel strings tunes as well. He has a different feel to his arrangements that took me a while to learn.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical