The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 12:12 AM
Charter Member

Default OM/ Small jumbo budget up to $4000 - ship to Europe

I have this posted also in the outside of US classified section, but I'm not getting too much traffic. Since most of those guitars would be shipped to me anyway, I thought I would see what's available from the US, as once I'm shipping across borders, it doesn't really matter so much from where the guitar comes.

I sold my Goodall TROM in order to buy the Claxton EM that is on sale on this forum in the US. The plan was to pick it up while visiting my family in Canada a couple weeks ago. Long story short - the USPS took over two weeks to deliver despite paying for express 2-3 day shipping and I went back to Europe with no Claxton! I can't ship the Claxton as it has some BRW on it, so it unfortunately had to go back to Ericsong. I now have some cash burning a hole in my pocket!

I have about $4000 in my guitar budget. I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for, but will know when I see it. Here's a quick summary of what I'm looking for:

Size: OM/ 000/ Small Jumbo that will compliment what I already have (Baranik JX, Lowden S12). No dreads.
Builder: I'd be mostly interested in guitars from smaller boutiques and single builders. I'm not really looking for a martin, taylor or gibson.
Nut width: at least 1 3/4" (45mm). I would prefer 1 13/16" (46-47mm).
Style: Has to be responsive enough to play with bare fingers, but still accept some light work with a pick. Nothing really specialized in any direction

I live in Switzerland. The potential seller would have to be willing to ship to Europe. Ideally, they would also have Heritage insurance or something similar. I would be willing to cover shipping, bank transfer, currency conversion and import duties - we will agree on a net price to you, so the risk of high fees is all on my side.

If anyone is interested in either my Baranik JX (Trade value around 3800 Euro) or my Lowden S12 (Trade value around 1700 Euro) and has something to trade, let me know. I like making deals!

Feel free to reach out by email: [email protected]
PM on the forum is also okay.

Thanks in advance!
Brian
Old 12-26-2019, 01:12 AM

Not affiliated with the seller (no idea who it is), but I would put this at the top of the list. https://reverb.com/item/28848810-joh...5-2007-natural
Old 12-26-2019, 05:11 AM

I took a look at The North American Guitar U.K site and found a pre owned Froggy Bottom instrument roughly in your price range. They are fabulous guitars that meet most if not all of your criteria.

Cincy
Old 12-26-2019, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

I would have to agree with Allentown on his recommendation of a John Walker Ruby River Elite - Small Jumbo.
Although I am a bit partial to recommending the John Walker Ruby River Elite, I purchased one last year, and it is an awesome instrument in every way, from tone to build quality, you would be hard pressed to find a better small jumbo.
Good luck and enjoy your search Brian
Old 12-27-2019, 07:05 AM
Charter Member

Default Found one!

Thanks to all who reached out- especially those recommending a Froggy bottom - I've always wanted one, but thought it was too far out of the budget. Luckily, someone from the UK reached out and I have (pending final details) bought a Froggy Bottom K Ltd for a quite reasonable price. Very excited that my wife let me stretch the budget to make this happen!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars