The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-20-2019, 11:39 PM

Sounds like a clever idea, Joe. Use lots of bubble wrap for extra isolation / padding and it should work well. Maybe even think about adding a couple of wooden dowels as posts beside the waist of the guitar, or some other reinforcement, to support each half of the shell from crushing under heavy loads - just in case. The foam you removed was providing some structural support.

I pointed out on another thread recently that we hear a lot about the one or two guitars that get damaged by the baggage mauling system (it sucks to be you if it is YOUR guitar) but we never hear about the hundreds of guitars that travel successfully every single day as carry on or checked as baggage. IOW, we probably get a skewed perception of the risks. I know people travel with guitars, because I see them in airports all the time, and some even getting carried into the cabin.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion