The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Stringed Instruments

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-25-2020, 07:50 AM
J-Doug J-Doug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,476
Default National reso green light! (sort of...)

Hi guys,

as you may have noted I've been toying with the idea of getting a National reso but I was holding off until the finances were sorted out. Well it looks like my guitar camp vacation in May might fall through due to COVID so I talked to my wife about taking the refund and doing something musical with it. She agreed and I think if it comes down to it I'll turn the money into a National, probably a new Triolian. I'd definitely prefer to go to camp but this will make me feel a bit better about the whole thing.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-2020, 08:37 AM
SpruceTop SpruceTop is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 8,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Hi guys,

as you may have noted I've been toying with the idea of getting a National reso but I was holding off until the finances were sorted out. Well it looks like my guitar camp vacation in May might fall through due to COVID so I talked to my wife about taking the refund and doing something musical with it. She agreed and I think if it comes down to it I'll turn the money into a National, probably a new Triolian. I'd definitely prefer to go to camp but this will make me feel a bit better about the whole thing.
That for sure sounds like a cloud with a silver lining!

I always wanted a National since seeing Son House play a Syle O Duolian live back in 1964 and John Hammond play a Style O Duolian live a couple of times in the 1970s. I just got a Republic Duolian that sounds and plays pretty nice but someday Ill get a National.
__________________
Larrivee C-03R TE Tommy Emmanuel
Republic Duolian
Emerald X20 (Element VTC)
Epiphone DR-500MCE (Shadow eSonic2)
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Larrivee D-40M Legacy
Martin D-18 (Schatten HFN Artist Plus 2)
Taylor 717e ES2
Taylor 618e ES2
Taylor 614ce ES2
Taylor 356ce ES2
Taylor 322ce ES2
Ovation Elite Plus Contour (OpProStudio)
Yamaha LL-TA TransAcoustic
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2020, 09:00 AM
reeve21 reeve21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central Connecticut, USA
Posts: 2,841
Default

Doug, I think that would fit you to a T. I've been listening to some Tom Feldmann on a resonator lately, so your post was timely.

I don't recall hearing you play slide, will you be using it for that purpose?
__________________
Bob

https://soundcloud.com/user-16619491
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2020, 09:06 AM
J-Doug J-Doug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
That for sure sounds like a cloud with a silver lining!

I always wanted a National since seeing Son House play a Syle O Duolian live back in 1964 and John Hammond play a Style O Duolian live a couple of times in the 1970s. I just got a Republic Duolian that sounds and plays pretty nice but someday Ill get a National.
I'm going to have to wait a month and a half to see how my camp plays out but I am scanning the internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
Doug, I think that would fit you to a T. I've been listening to some Tom Feldmann on a resonator lately, so your post was timely.

I don't recall hearing you play slide, will you be using it for that purpose?
I do not play slide currently but I do have a really nice hand cut bottleneck that I may get some use out of!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2020, 10:33 AM
blue blue is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: WetSiiiide! WA
Posts: 6,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
I'm going to have to wait a month and a half to see how my camp plays out but I am scanning the internet!
National has a 20% off sale right now. That's assuming you were buying new.
__________________
I only play technologically cutting edge instruments. Parker Flys and National Resonators
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-26-2020, 09:41 AM
J-Doug J-Doug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
National has a 20% off sale right now. That's assuming you were buying new.
Thanks blue. I'm in Canada so I'll be working with one of our local dealers since the Canadian dollar is taking a beating.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Stringed Instruments

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=