The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-05-2018, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

Default Emerald - December Select Series

It’s Koa this month:

https://emeraldguitars.com/custom-gu...v=7516fd43adaa
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 12-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Whoever bought that X7 before I could...I hate you. My spouse (who literally looked to the heavens and said “thank you,” wants to buy you a beer.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

Last edited by wickedwahine; 12-05-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Striking! And I see 3 of the 6 are already sold.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Nice looking KOA. Ditto on the X7 with midi being gone, like I need another guitar.
Emerald X10 Black Level 3
Old 12-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Those woody models seem to be selling REALLY fast these days, and understandably so. I just happened to stumble onto my Cocobolo X7 about a half hour after they put it up on the site, bought it, and it was gone from the site within minutes - seemed like while the transaction was still going through I checked the site to look at a couple of details and it was already gone. There was a Pau Ferro and an Ebony model up at the same time - the Pau Ferro sold really fast also - there's another really nice one up there at the moment...

It's a big upcharge for no functional difference, but those veneers are SOOOO nice. I ordinarily never spend money on those types of cosmetics but I'm glad I did with this one. I'm likely to have this guitar a REALLY long time - very likely as long as I'm playing and I'll always appreciate it even though the finish is really hard to see in ordinary light... I get an occasional glimpse of it from the right angle in the right light and it makes me smile.

-Ray
Old 12-05-2018, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

somebody please buy that last X20 ... I really do need to pay my rent next month ...

Old 12-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

I don't have nearly enough to purchase one of the select series instruments but every single month I read the e-mail and check out the site. Why do I do this to myself?
Old 12-05-2018, 12:33 PM

All gone except the X20 Baritone and 12-string. Now if that baritone was an X30 I bet it would sell faster than lightning.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 12-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, X30 koa baritone nylon string....... I can hear it calling me.....I can feel the gravitational pull........ I can hear the magical tone ...... it would be perfect for playing the Bach cello suites.......I don't have an X 30 yet......I don't have a koa Emerald guitar yet....
Old 12-05-2018, 01:08 PM

That baritone 20 sure has a cool grain going on
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Guest 928

So Cecil, what are you waiting for? Rust never sleeps, don't be denied. This is sort of like the chance of a lifetime. You've been a central figure in Alistair's development of nylon string guitars, don't stop now.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
All gone except the X20 Baritone and 12-string. Now if that baritone was an X30 I bet it would sell faster than lightning.
Yup, they went fast. I woke up early this morning and checked my email, and was momentarily excited to see a koa X30 Select Series. But it had sold already as of 0700 Mountain Time, saving me the conundrum. So I ordered a red X30 from stock, having been on the bubble for a couple of days anyway trying to decide which color. (Amber was second choice. I already have the green thing covered).

Alistair says it should make Friday's outgoing shipment (got to speak with "the man" himself this morning) but I can be patient. I'll make do with the three Emerald's already here in the mean time. I may eventually experiment with heavier strings tuned down to C-c as a pseudo-baritone. That huge low end should support down-tuning nicely.

On another thread asking about how AGF influenced your purchases, I can now add four Emeralds. And we also secondarily "blame" Kramster, who let me try his padauk X30 during our recent visit to Phoenix.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
And we also secondarily "blame" Kramster, who let me try his padauk X30 during our recent visit to Phoenix.

Me...I was just minding my own CF business..... as usual. It's just so easy to blame others I see.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

I see that there is still an X30 with Laurro Pretto veneer available.........nice looking guitar!!

https://emeraldguitars.com/product/x...v=7516fd43adaa
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80
Old 12-05-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan56 View Post
I see that there is still an X30 with Laurro Pretto veneer available.........nice looking guitar!!

https://emeraldguitars.com/product/x...v=7516fd43adaa

That is a great looker as well...sooo many fine specimens... so little time

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber