The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 09-20-2018, 01:28 PM

Default MARTIN GROSSWENDT WORKSHOP

Martin will teach a 3-day workshop in upstate NY/Berkshires at the lovely Shaker Meadows Bed and Breakfast and Retreat Center. The $625. fee includes 3 nights' accommodations (single rooms and double rooms available), Thursday night wine and beer reception and jam, all nine meals, five 2-3 hours instruction sessions, Martin himself in concert, and a participant open-mike as well as tons of fun, song swaps, and jive talk.

An extraordinary instrumentalist and powerful singer best known as an interpreter of 1920’s and 30’s blues, Martin's mastery of numerous regional styles on guitar, mandolin, five-string banjo, and fiddle make his concerts events that audiences don’t soon forget. His performances encompass the breadth and depth of American roots music, from classic Delta and East Coast blues to early country music to Creole and Cajun music. His love for a good song also moves him to perform material from modern songwriters such as Townes Van Zandt, Bobby Charles and Richard Thompson.

Martin’s music runs deeper than his impressive technical skills; his performances convey a depth of feeling that seems to channel musicians and times long past. His passion for the music is reflected in his encyclopedic knowledge of the history of the times and the musicians that gave it birth; his ability to communicate their stories engages listeners of all ages. It’s no wonder that many informed listeners consider him one of America’s great natural musical resources.

EMAIL: [email protected] to register

Last edited by shakermeadows; 09-20-2018 at 01:29 PM. Reason: DATE NOT INCLUDED November 1-4, 2018
Old 09-21-2018, 05:31 AM

Shaker Meadows is a wonderful location for workshops!! I've attended workshops there numerous times over the years.

Class size is limited to about 14 attendee's... great environment for learning with great help from the instructors.

Martin is a great person and can play just about any style to suit the classes needs.

Oh yeah, The food is unbelievably great!!
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 10-04-2018, 01:22 PM

Bump for Martin

2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 10-06-2018, 02:10 AM

I've had the pleasure of taking classes with Martin at the European Bluesweek in Britain, he's a marvellous player and all-round good guy.
Sadly I don't think I can get across the Atlantic for this workshop, but I highly recommend it if you're into country blues and old-time music.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases