The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-02-2009, 05:10 PM

Default What Chords are this?

Specifically, at seconds 4 to 6 (same as 21 to 23)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vdb-V-VWus
Old 10-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrkstr View Post
Specifically, at seconds 4 to 6 (same as 21 to 23)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vdb-V-VWus
Hi Alex...
He's just alternating between C and Bb power chords, and the position he's got his index fretting finger in combined with his pinky is a Csus4 variant combined with a pull off run...

His basic structure is just the two power chords C5 and Bb5...cleverly done (without polish yet). Creates a great mood doesn't it...?

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 10-05-2009, 12:06 AM

Indeed it does! Thanks for the reply Larry. I couldn't tell because of the shape of his fingers and I can't move that quickly in my fretboard fingerpicking...

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:10 PM

what the ___ do you guys find so interesting about that. i just don't see anything there, sorry.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLSPRIG View Post
what the ___ do you guys find so interesting about that. i just don't see anything there, sorry.
Hi Bsprig...
Which guys are you referring to?

The original poster was interested in knowing some chords and I supplied them which has nothing to do about whether I'm interested in a particular piece of music, the playing or the arrangement.

I just love to help people along in their next steps, and once we learn ''hooks'' which intrigue us, they can be adapted for future deployment...

With some polish, the passage played on the clip could be adapted into a practice lick for building dexterity and syncopated rhythm...

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 10-07-2009, 08:53 AM

Yeah, my apologies for that. I see you as a really developed player and I thought you were somehow praising the guy in the clip. I just didn't get it, personally. I didn't see him doing anything that sounded worth a flip to me. Maybe his chords were unusual, but it didn't sound very good at all. The timing was way off, I didn't get any distinct groove or rhythm from it. He's just hacking away, at least that's what I was hearing. If this guy posted his own video I wouldn't be so critical of it. It just came across sort of like you 2 fellows were enthralled with it. You're a heck of a nice guy and I respect your thoughts a lot. So this sort of confused me. Your second post explained it just right. Sorry again.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write