The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-05-2023, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

I think you will be fine, but if you are not using them, consider getting used to medium strings. They make a difference in a jam, and you might end up liking them. If the guitar is set up properly for them, it should not be a big lift to play. (But don't forget your capo!)
Old 02-05-2023, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanC View Post
Hello acoustic guitar lovers,
I am in the market for a new guitar and was wondering what people thought of the J-45 as a flatpicking unit. You don't see many of them played by big names. I guess the only person I can think of is Sean Watkins. I really am just wondering what the bluegrass community thinks of them in general.
Thanks
You might have a look at the Boucher Bluegrass Goose models made here in Quebec, Canada and less expensive than the custom Guitars made in the USA.
https://boucherguitars.com/guitars/b...ose-series-en/
Old 02-05-2023, 10:04 PM

Here are a few artists that are playing Boucher Guitars https://boucherguitars.com/artists/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
bluegrass, gibson acoustic