The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 12-10-2022, 09:40 AM

Default D’angelico Excel 59

Hi, does anyone have any experience with these? made in Korea, seem to be fantastic for the price point. At $2K do you think there is an Eastman that I should look at? Things I like about the d’angelico are the pickups, playability, tuneomatic bridge, thin body Thanks

Last edited by cheer tunes; 12-10-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-10-2022, 12:12 PM

If you're looking at a jazzbox with P-90's you'd be remiss if you didn't give the Godin CW II a test drive - about half the price of the D'A, and a real tone monster that'll cover a broad range of styles...,
Old 12-11-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer tunes View Post
Hi, does anyone have any experience with these? made in Korea, seem to be fantastic for the price point. At $2K do you think there is an Eastman that I should look at? Things I like about the d’angelico are the pickups, playability, tuneomatic bridge, thin body Thanks
If you're looking at Eastman, check out their T-64. A fantastic all rounder with fabulous jazz tones. I can't put mine down. Basically a 330 with some lovely extras like ivoroid binding, wider neck and smooth Ebony fingerboard. The slight relicing might not be to everyone's taste but I quickly got over it. The Lollar P90's are sublime.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer tunes View Post
Hopefully David Rawlings' recent love for the D'Angelico style electrics will take the pressure off all those 1930s Epiphone Olympics that used to sell for 50 bucks a pop...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops