The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 04-22-2020, 12:33 PM

Default Yunzhi archtop

What a disappointing experience I've had with this company. I ordered a guitar last year, they took my money no problem and then were completely lacking in responsiveness. Ms. Lora (who had NOTHING to do with this sale) as she works with Mr.Wu was very helpful.

It only got worse when I received the guitar....
It's issues in no particular order
1. 2 cracks at the binding on the top AND back
2. Finish work was horrendous, made worse by them packing the inside of the case with plastic bubble wrap which was literally STUCK to the finish when I opened the case. Kind of like being punished for the same thing twice....badly done finish that is now marred by plastic bubble wrap
3. The bridge was not fitted to the top properly. They clearly have A bridge and put that on the guitar and it seems don't care whether it fits the curvature of the top or not.

So, after repeated attempts at contacting them, when they finally responded, their response was...try this, thy that....no apology, no "send it back", no "send us the repair bill" it was obviously all on me.
My $1,200 archtop became a $1,700 archtop after my luthier spent COUNTLESS hours cleating cracks, wet sanding and buffing the finish, leveling frets, etc....

I was not expecting a Buscarino, but I expect proper finish, proper packing for the long trip, and some level of responsiveness. Some might argue "you paid $1200, what do you expect?" I'm hip, $1200 is cheap for an all solid wood archtop, but that does not excuse this level of poorness.

Rant off
Kremona Kiano
Ramsay Hauser
Cordoba C10
Chris Walsh Archtop
Gardiner Concert
Taylor Leo Kottke
Gretsch 6120
Pavan TP30
Aria A19c
Hsienmo MJ

Ukuleles:
Cocobolo 5 string Tenor
Kanilea K3 Koa
Kanilea K1 Walnut Tenor
Kala Super Tenor
Rebel Super Concert
Nehemiah Covey Tenor
Mainland Mahogany Tenor
Mainland Cedar/Rosewood Tenor

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops