The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-23-2023, 10:54 AM

Default VR? Anybody got an Occulus headset?

I have a VR guitar test video up on YouTube and would really appreciate some feedback on how it comes across. Not on the music or my playing, simply the VR format.

More specifically I'm wondering if an intermediate player had his guitar in his lap while viewing my video with his VR headset, if that player would be able to play along. I assume beginning players can't play without seeing their fingers so not so useful for them.

Interestingly, YouTube processes this VR format so it's still viewable without a headset on anyone's browser. If you point and click on the image you can pan the video to see either left or right hands.

The video is unedited and the sound is from the VR camera. Not likely to put more effort in without knowing how it comes across.

Navigating to anything with the Oculus is kinda tough, but if you open FireFox and simply search "youtube jpmist" click that link you'll see my VR video on my opening page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZkFWgEs8hQ

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2023, 10:24 AM

Sounds interesting, I’ll be able to give it a try later in the week. Thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD