The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 07-01-2020, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

The original Epiphone HR had solid top, oval sound hole, florentine cutaway, floating pickup. Gibson produced the HR Artist and custom models. Both had laminated tops.

The HR fusion is a semi. My cousin owns one and loves it. His has the fingers tailpiece.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
As you probably already know, it's a semi hollow with 2 x PAF's, 16" lower bout and 24-3/4" scale fretboard.
15" lower bout
I fell in love with the size for my way of playing but the acoustic tone had no life or overtones or anything interesting coming off the string (on the 2 that I played)...plugged in it was very bland sounding.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:35 PM

Maybe even a 14.75" lower bout, for the fusion III. I have one and think it's great. Very comfortable, very versatile, well made. Not super light, though, even with the balsa wood block. Unplugged it sounds pretty dead, like a solid body.

It handles lots of styles from jazz to rock to pop to country and has that huge cutaway that long ago looked funny to me but not so much anymore. I guess you could call it bland, but I'd more call it clean and transparent.

Anyway, I really like mine. Probably not for everyone, but well worth checking out.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops