The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-23-2020, 08:52 PM

Default Elite Acoustics Shout Out

I just received an amp for acoustic guitar and vocal with six inputs from Elite Acoustics. I searched the globe for high end great acoustic sound and here is the verdict on Elite Acoustics. Very amazed at the quality of this small amp designed for solo, duo or trio. This is not a review but please do check it out on line. There is a great video from Don Alder reviewing these amps.
Elite produces several combo amps with varying options. But here I just wanted to say how outrageously good the tone is from both my Taylor DDSM and my Bourgeois DS-12 DB in Redwood and Koa. The one thing that separates this from other very popular combo amps and small sound systems is the quality of the tone being very clean and clear showing off all the qualities of a nice acoustic. Any misplaced finger on the fretboard will be heard as will any strum or picking not intended. This will make me play cleaner!
No affiliation at all. Just sharing my experience after 40 years of searching.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
I just received an amp for acoustic guitar and vocal with six inputs from Elite Acoustics. I searched the globe for high end great acoustic sound and here is the verdict on Elite Acoustics. Very amazed at the quality of this small amp designed for solo, duo or trio. This is not a review but please do check it out on line. There is a great video from Don Alder reviewing these amps.
Elite produces several combo amps with varying options. But here I just wanted to say how outrageously good the tone is from both my Taylor DDSM and my Bourgeois DS-12 DB in Redwood and Koa. The one thing that separates this from other very popular combo amps and small sound systems is the quality of the tone being very clean and clear showing off all the qualities of a nice acoustic. Any misplaced finger on the fretboard will be heard as will any strum or picking not intended. This will make me play cleaner!
No affiliation at all. Just sharing my experience after 40 years of searching.
Awesome! Is this the D6-58?
Old 10-24-2020, 03:48 PM

You think it sounds great on guitar, just wait until you try it on vocals! My D6-8 mark2 gives me the same sound at small to mid sized gigs that I get in my home studio using a reference monitors! It really is incredible!
Old 10-26-2020, 08:05 PM

Glad you like it. I've had my
D68 mk2 for a few years.
It is a great small venue pa.
I generally use a board with it
Because I like it up on a pole.
And I'm too lazy to get up and
tweak it.
But I've used it for my duo in
A 50 seat restaurant as a straight up pa
And it sounds great. Really a cut above the
Rest.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:28 AM
AGF Sponsor

Does anyone know a retailer who has this amp in stock? Appears to be sold out everywhere I've looked.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:57 AM
Charter Member

i'm thinking about getting one of these. its adequate for small venues all by itself, solo or duo? i have qsc cp8 and qsc 10 so i could line out to these if needed. i have the aer60/3 but the elite seems to be alot more at the same price. i keep hearing the vocals are better through the elite also. any input would be helpful.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:08 PM

OP here. The gear from Elite Acoustics can be bought direct from Elite Acoustics Engineering or EAE. They reply best via email, not phone. They also made the Sunburst amps but I think they now only build Elite Acoustics amps and peripherals. You might luck out and find one of their amps on sale on their site. Be sure to click on 'Store' to find the sale items. I suggest you either grab the Stompmix 4 or 6 to have more inputs or get one of their amps that have a few or more inputs. Even the smaller amps are outrageously good. Adding their EAE Stompmix 4 or 6 adds more channels, effects, place to store settings for future time, compression, etc all assignable to any or all channels. I recommend getting an amp with the bluetooth option for playback of music on your phone or other device. NO affiliation at all.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:57 AM

How are youre experience buying B-stock products?
On thomann I have added the D6-8 mkII B-stock to my order.

The price difference between the B-Stock D6-8 mkII vs B-Stock A4-8mkII is less than the new D6-8 mkII vs new a4-8mkII?
Could the the A4-8 mkII B-stock be less used? better battery etc..?

Im now thinking of instead buying the A4-8mkII, because I only would need 4 channels.. but Im really not sure what to decice
Old 10-30-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farantouri View Post
How are youre experience buying B-stock products?
On thomann I have added the D6-8 mkII B-stock to my order.

The price difference between the B-Stock D6-8 mkII vs B-Stock A4-8mkII is less than the new D6-8 mkII vs new a4-8mkII?
Could the the A4-8 mkII B-stock be less used? better battery etc..?

Im now thinking of instead buying the A4-8mkII, because I only would need 4 channels.. but Im really not sure what to decice
I havnt heard the a4 but being analog it probably sounds better than the digital units.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:56 AM

Why do you think it sound better? For what reason?
I can still switch to the analog amp... I think. Ive just made the order.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
I havnt heard the a4 but being analog it probably sounds better than the digital units.
I'm sure they both sound incredible. Be aware that while the D6-8ii has a digital mixer, it also has really great class A analog preamps!
Old 10-30-2020, 02:59 PM

Thanks,
I really hope (and also think) sound quality should be identical.

The price difference between the two B-stock products (D6-8 mkii vs A4-8 mkii) is approximately $80, but the price difference between the same (new) products is $300.
Thats why I wonder if theres "something" I should be aware of when buyin B-stock products..

I really do not need more than 4 channels, but with the small price difference I think the D6-8 mkii would be a better choice

Last edited by farantouri; 10-30-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:04 PM

I have the D6-8ii (updated for a small charge from the original D6-8). It is a wonderful amp and I highly recommend it. I wanted the extra channels for duo work.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:31 PM
Charter Member

After last months thread on the EAE D6-8 MKII I decided to order one when finances permitted. When I checked the EAE website earlier this week it showed the D6-8 MKII was “Sold Out” in their store tab.

I emailed them they replied they could build me one next week, including a link to their website that allowed me to order one today. Looking forward to fooling around with it this winter and then busking with it outside this spring after the weather warms up.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farantouri View Post
Thanks,
I really hope (and also think) sound quality should be identical.

The price difference between the two B-stock products (D6-8 mkii vs A4-8 mkii) is approximately $80, but the price difference between the same (new) products is $300.
Thats why I wonder if theres "something" I should be aware of when buyin B-stock products..

I really do not need more than 4 channels, but with the small price difference I think the D6-8 mkii would be a better choice
Reach out to EAE and ask this question.
I beleive the b stock are returns that go
Thru their shop and are repaired.
I wouldn't worry too much .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification