The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-23-2020, 08:46 PM

Default Flanger Pedal for Acoustic

Just curious what you would choose for a flanger pedal for a high end acoustic being used for live performance. Can be combined with other effects if need be. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by hotroad; 10-24-2020 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:42 AM

I use my MXR Flanger when I want something to change the tone. I set the rate down low and it just thickens out the tone and gives it just enough to change the sound without over-doing it.
I subscribe, like many here, to using effects sparingly. I think a flanger is often overlooked since chorus is much more popular.
I say go for it.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

As I'm not an electric player, so know little about fx, I looked for examples on Y/T.
My only FX is to use reverb on my mixer turned up so you can hear it then back one notch to add "presence"

This is what I found:

Frankly I can't imagine why anyone would want to use such things on a good acoustic, but there you are.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:47 PM

Someone likes to use pedals to alter the sound of a nice acoustic on certain songs with limited use. Why? Because someone has noticed after 50 years of gigging and still going that audiences likes variations in the sounds a guitar makes such as going from acoustic to electric or changing eq settings on certain songs. Then there is chorusing, reverb, delay, compression and flanging. Even using different string makers changes the tone. Why not use the same one forever and never change picks or use any sound system at all. Why vary ones sound using anything? Because variety is what life is all about.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:33 PM

Love my BOSS flanger!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification