The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-17-2016, 08:54 AM

Default TC Helicon Play Acoustic - extended loop time

I think some TC Helicon Play Acoustic users might be interested in the updated firmware for the Play Acoustic (and Electric) which doubles the loop time.
Short explanation from their forum:
Quote:
This update doubles the amount of loop recording time in all output modes. Stereo and Dual Mono are now 30 seconds, Mono is 1 minute.
Turning off Loop Undo in Setup doubles these times again. So if you play in Mono without the undo option you can get 2 minutes of loop time!
It's another useful improvement after they added a delay effect in the previous update.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Cocobologist

Sweet! I've been using a JamMan Express because of the short loop time on the PA. This update should solve that problem. Thanks for the heads up!

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...
Old 12-17-2016, 02:08 PM

Haven't dropped in on their forum in a while, appreciate the heads up!
Downloading tonight.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsum View Post
I think some TC Helicon Play Acoustic users might be interested in the updated firmware for the Play Acoustic (and Electric) which doubles the loop time.
Short explanation from their forum:

It's another useful improvement after they added a delay effect in the previous update.
Thanks. I've been using a Ditto X2 with my Play Electric (which I use only for my acoustic). Of course I just bought a VoiceLive 3 since they can be had so cheap these days in order to consolidate everything and now there's enough looping time in the PE. DOH!
Old 10-25-2020, 04:56 AM

Default SWITCH-3, 6

Thank you Monsum for sharing this suggestion on increasing the PAs' Looping time. I found the original 30 second parameter too short for my needs and so, I compensated by having other looping pedals on my board. I look forward to applying your suggestion to my PA.

SWITCH-3, 6
Something else that PA users might find interesting is:
I prefer the PA within arms' reach and opted for the remote Switch-6. I had a problem because my unit was only geared for the Switch-3.
Assisted by Musictribes, I updated the PAs' firmware and found Switch-6 listed as an option. Double your pedal controls? You betcha!
Because the remotes' individual switches are assignable, the number of different setup combinations is enormous.

- Alejito

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification