The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-12-2022, 05:42 AM

I have & love both,but the 52 tele is my best guitar,it’s so responsive unplugged & sounds even better plugged in,it still has the original wiring so no combination of both pickups,although you can get that combo by sticking the switch in between the positions like on a strat with a 3 way.I have contemplated many times to get the mod done but I am too reluctant just in case it takes something away from the tone of the guitar as it is outstanding as it is.
Old 12-12-2022, 07:48 AM

I think I prefer Teles

Old 12-12-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbuster View Post
I think I prefer Teles

Lovely trio you have there but seeing it reminds me of one of my personal quirks...

Looking at those three Telecasters, to me the one with the Rosewood 'board looks by far the most attractive. Especially with a light colored body and 'guard Rosewood looks perfect.

But every time I play on a Rosewood fretboard I find myself wishing it were maple. Crazy, I know.

At any rate, wouldn't turn down a chance to play any of those three, right there. Nice.
Singing the I've Wasted My Whole Life Blues
---Warren Malone "Whole Life Blues"
Old 12-12-2022, 01:19 PM

I have 2 Partscaster T's and a 1994 Anniversary 1954 Partscaster S/ Stratocaster Reissue (American made). The Strat is newer (just bought last month), so it's getting more attention at this time. Select Ash and nitro (Teles are the same), just can't beat it with a stick.

The new JBE/Barden pickups sound really nice. The Wilkie/Gotoh VSVG is outstanding.

2019 Applegate SJ
Old 12-12-2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
Just one mans opinion. I've been around the block for decades with Tele's so I think my view is fairly sound. I sold a '52 Re-issue thin skin a couple of years ago because my Squier CV's were just plain better IMO. Tele's were always intended to be a workingman's guitar. Easy and cheap to make.
Nothing wrong with your opinion, nothing at all. In fact I’m with you.
Personally, I wouldn’t have used the term “cork sniffers” to describe people who want something special and different.
YMMV.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 12-12-2022, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Nothing wrong with your opinion, nothing at all. In fact I’m with you.
Personally, I wouldn’t have used the term “cork sniffers” to describe people who want something special and different.
YMMV.

I don’t know any cork sniffers. I do know people who like fine wines and say they can tell the differences between them.

I myself prefer beer, but I don’t mind wine people or people who love great guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars