The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-24-2018, 01:51 PM
Charter Member

Default me...

I've never had trouble playing dreds...and I'm only 5'6". BUT...I just lost 27 pounds...they are easier now....However, for my height I have long arms...that being said...I now own some smaller guitars...and I find I love them...so much more comfortable.....and...unless you're going to a bluegrass jam....less volume isn't a problem. But, there are some smaller guitars out there that rival Dreds....I think the Martin OOOO or M size is one of their best guitars but they don't get much love...(Unless you see Vince Gill or his wife play live)....and my Roseane Cash OM is a beast....it's louder than most dreds....and so comfortable...so...if you find an OM made with Madagasgar rosewood with an Adi top....it may be what you need...but they ain't cheap!!!
Old 04-24-2018, 08:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placida View Post
Personatech, just wondering if you've ever tried one of those Martin Dreadnought Junior reduced size dreads. The shorter scale and overall size might be a good fit for you, and the reviews on the sound from these guitars are stellar.
I did, thanks, but there was something about the cedar top S6 that called to me - it has a nice growl for some of the stuff I like to play (or, at least, try to play).
Old 04-24-2018, 08:55 PM
Charter Member

Try putting the guitar on your left leg.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:35 AM

TICO YOU BEAT ME TO IT !

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion