The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-02-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Fishman Ellipse...?

Anyone have, or try one of these yet?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:41 PM

i believe there is a review and some audio clips over at www.maurysmusic.com

check it out
Old 05-03-2006, 11:28 AM

2bigfeet

I really like it on my HD28VE it seems so far to be the best sounding Fishman setup that I have ever had. I've had the Premium and the Prefix in other guitars along with the LRBaggs duet II and this is the best yet. The only draw back is no eq onboard so you'll want to make sure that you have a way to eq either on your acoustic amp or PA. I am very satisfied with it and am thinking about adding it to another guitar that I have. The only draw back is cost there not inexpensive but if you have the funds I'd go for it. The condenser and saddle pickup blend nicely.

My experience with it has been good!

Martin 1

Old 05-03-2006, 12:31 PM

I installed one in my OMC-28LJ and couldn't be happier. A great, very natural sounding pickup. I highly recommend it!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm interested in this as a quick and easy way to record a just little bit of peizo blended with a mic and this seems to fit the bill. I can always eq within the software if needed.

Thanks again.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:24 AM

I'm planning to fit one of these to my current build project.

Glad to hear the good reviews.
I LOVE that guy!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:41 AM

I just had one installed in a new (2003) Martin D-28. The bridge saddle came from the luthier set too low, and it has to be remade. The too low saddle killed some of this guitar's excellent tone and volume.

I did use it at one open mic and was very pleased with the result. I got pretty good volume without any feedback at all; it worked well for hard flatpicking; it did well with fingerpicking using Dunlop .0225 metal fingerpicks. The preamp does mount to the top, but I do not feel that it quashed any of the resonance of this guitar. I like having the onboard volume control, and the ability to blend in the mic makes for a very natural sound--a more natural sound than I got from my ES-equipped Taylor.

After only one use, it's hard to judge--but I suspect that I will contimue to be pleased with this purchase.

Bill
Old 05-07-2006, 06:22 AM

I was also interested in getting one installed in my 410E, so I got one. While it does sound good, I don't think the sound made a drastic change from my original Matrix pickup.
IMHO, I could've spent the money on something else foolish.
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 05-07-2006, 10:33 AM

Yes, I had one put in on my 810. It's a good standard pickup, and unobtrusive. I'm pleased with mine-the volume control, unobtrusiveness and blend are what sold me.

610e, 914CE-L1, 354-CE LTD (Maple!), baby, Taylor Classic Electric Guitar, Vox AC30CC2, Fender J-Bass, Carvin AD100D, Takamine Classical, Cerveny CFB-653-5IMX F tuba, Conn 2J CC tuba
Gone but not forgotten: 810e, AB-1, 414-CE, Epi Les Paul Custom Flametop, Miraphone 188

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification