The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-10-2015, 05:22 AM
AGF Sponsor

The Memphis Festival was so much fun for the three of us. I wish I could have absorbed all the details. Neil, I should have taken more pictures and jotted notes about each moment, but realistically I wasn't able to nab pictures as much as I wish I had. No Power point. I just don't have that many pictures.

I posted a few pictures on FB of a few good people who played along with the McKnight sunglasses. Harvey Leach, who did the inlay on the Lion of Judah guitar for us, gave me a few poses. Steve Kinnard and Sparky can be seen there, too. By the way, the little girls (a few posts up) are adorable. I will keep that picture and post it on FB if I can get permission.

I offer this fair warning to ALL McJammers; I want 2 group pictures on Saturday, one with and one without everyone wearing the glasses.

We did miss Bruce Petros being beside us. He had another situation come up at the same time and was unable to make it to the show, but his son, Matt, brought his own wife, and we were able to connect a few times during the show.

I am disappointed in myself that I didn't think to get Michael Chapdelaine to put the sunglasses on. I was in concert mode - not goofing off mode. (Go figure. Me! Not goofing off? What WAS I thinkin'?) Anyhow, Michael is always a trooper to play for us and I am sure he will send a picture back to me once I send glasses to him.

And Adrianne sold her #4 to a lovely couple from Nashville who was celebrating their 21st wedding anniversary. That is success on 2 counts. I am inviting them to the McJam. They have a life with kids at home and may not be able to manage this year, but we will see.

Bob Singer made the event as near perfect as possible. His volunteers were blessings. We finally met Judy, his special lady. And that she is to us, too. She has such spirit and spunk. Another great leader as the side kick to the show director, was Bill Wunderlich. Bob was wonderful to make sure our friendship didn't stop with him. They all went out of their way to make the McKnight family feel as if we were attending a long time loving family reunion.

Apparently nobody else noticed this, but there was a serious problem with the Graceland trip. (Shhhh ....Whispering to Elvis only: Hey, Elv, I waited, but you did not make slip out to greet me to pose with your own pair of McKnight sunglasses. C'mon, I know you wanted to! I promise to save a pair back for you and you can thank me, thank me very much next time.)

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
I offer this fair warning to ALL McJammers; I want 2 group pictures on Saturday, one with and one without everyone wearing the glasses.
I was afraid of this....

So glad you folks had a great time in Memphis, and congratulations to Adrianne on building and quickly selling yet another guitar! It's gotta be in the genes... or perhaps the pink fingernail polish. Not sure. And yes, those two little girls in their McKnight sunglasses (what my niece Lindsey called "cool-cools" when she was about the age of the littlest) are just adorable. Strike a pose, ladies!

Looking forward to seeing folks at the McJam in another <gasp!> nine days....
Old 06-14-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for making two girls in Texas happy with the glasses. They are much appreciated!

One day, about 13 years ago. I had recorded my daughter's voice on a Tascam ....

I played it for my playing friend and he said - "the voice of an Angel." While I'm pretty sure he was not referring to Pinky Tuscaderro (although he might have been), Now as she is 16+ the memory remains of that conversation.

Enjoy them. Guitars are cheap compared to daughters.

All best wishes.

The Acoustics

Tom Doerr - Trinity. Flamed Maple under Swiss
Tom Doerr - M/D. Braz under Red
Old 06-24-2015, 06:28 AM

BUMP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
We are releasing two new "series" guitars at the Memphis show. The first one to discuss is what we are calling our "Genesis Series". The word Genesis means beginning. This series of guitars is a return to our beginnings when we built simple and basic guitars with a clear focus on Tone, Responsiveness, Play-ability, Powerful, Light weight guitars with .... and did I mention ... Tone? Its based on our new SDG body.

This series will not be available for custom order. Mary and I decided we wanted to build a few spec guitars that we wanted to build. Therefore WYSIWYG. So without further adieu here are the specs:

SDG Body
Eastern Black Walnut back and double sides
Adirondack spruce top
1-3/4" Nut
2-1/4" Bridge pin spacing
25.4" Scale length
Wenge FB
Ebony peg head and bridge
Gotoh tuners
Ivoroid bindings
Our Knight head logo will be inlayed into all tops

Thanks for looking...
This probably deserves its own thread, but this guitar and a cedar top/natural finish twin were on display at the Morral McJam. Tim had me demo both for the crowd on Saturday. I preferred this one to the other though I would have liked to see the burst on the back and sides as well. All in all, a very responsive guitar with the Adi bringing a LOT of headroom.

Another thing to note - and I mentioned this to Tim - but these guitars are also shallower than previous McKnights I've tried. If I had to guess, maybe 4-1/2" deep but these guitar do not lack for power and seem to have good focus as a result.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop