The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-22-2013, 09:45 PM

Default Rockman Acoustic Guitar Pedal

Anyone have any feedback/info on this pedal. I've had one since roughly the mid 90s possibly. Haven't used it in years to be honest and can't find much info on it. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:24 AM

Here's a bit of info. That pedal could make your electric guitar, sound like an acoustic,,, or, it could be used to "enhance" an acoustic-electric guitar.

http://reverb.com/item/32971-rockman...c-guitar-pedal

There's still plenty of these pedals available; eBay, Kijiji, etc.
I have a Rockman X-100, which I probably bought circa 1990-1992. I have no idea what I paid for it back then, but they seem to be going for roughly $240. on eBay. I used this unit, along with a small Yamaha electric-guitar, as my travel-guitar rig. Put on the headphones, and wail away in your hotel-room,without bothering anyone. It had that patented "Boston" sound. I liked a lot.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:46 AM

Cool. Thanks for the info. Mine is the pedal with the blue footswitch, black housing and 4 knobs up top. Was thinking of selling it as I just don't really use it at all anymore. Again, probably bought this back in the mid 90s.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:37 AM

Do some searches on eBay or Kijiji, that'll give you some idea of what they're selling for. It's quite a bit less than the X-100 as I recall. Prices vary depending on whether it's complete, with battery-cover, etc.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:50 AM

I'm going to have to sell my X-100.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Ford View Post
Anyone have any feedback/info on this pedal. I've had one since roughly the mid 90s possibly. Haven't used it in years to be honest and can't find much info on it. Thanks.
This is kind of a late answer. The Rockman Acoustic Guitar Pedal is basically a compressor with a bass and treble adjustment. It's said that finding the right spot on the "top" adjustment will make an electric guitar ring like an acoustic guitar. It is also frequently compared to the "CLN 2" setting on the Rockman headphone amplifier and Sustainor Rockmodule. It's reported by some to suck the mid-range out of the guitar signal leaving the top and bottom of the EQ. I've heard one purpose of this was to make humbuckers sound more like single coil pickups. It's not really a full acoustic guitar simulation. It's more accurate to describe it as giving electric guitars more of an "acoustic" position in the mix. That's what I've heard about it.

Best,

--Bruce
Old 03-10-2014, 01:25 PM

Here's some more to add to this. David Accomando provides a nice little writeup on the Acoustic Guitar Pedal:

http://www.perfectsoundrockrefurbs.c...l...In%20Brief

Best,

--Bruce

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification