The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-24-2011, 06:38 PM

I have had a lot of different strats and my favorite is the 62 RI. You can get them reasonable used and yhey are pretty close to a custom strat.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220volt View Post
Thanks. Just finished setting it up and plays like butter. I can get that clean juicy Gilmore/Knopfler tone. As well as dirty and rich SVR's. Love it.
Congratulations. That's a fine choice. I almost got one, but couldn't get past the railroad tie frets. Others love 'em. They should last a good long while, that's for sure. Enjoy it.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 PM

Congrats on the American Special, I have a Highway One (I believe it's the exact same neck wrt frets, finish and headstock) and I love those jumbos.

I'm really eyeballing a Candy Apple Red American Special. I just think that's a hot color and I'd also like to have something with those Texas special pickups. I hope to give one a spin this weekend. Enjoy your strat. BTW, did you change the strings on your strat? I went to 10s primarily because I like something that has a little more substance to it. I'm probably going to install 11s here pretty soon to see what they are like (I don't see myself going any higher).
Old 01-25-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfrog View Post
Congrats on the American Special, I have a Highway One (I believe it's the exact same neck wrt frets, finish and headstock) and I love those jumbos.

I'm really eyeballing a Candy Apple Red American Special. I just think that's a hot color and I'd also like to have something with those Texas special pickups. I hope to give one a spin this weekend. Enjoy your strat. BTW, did you change the strings on your strat? I went to 10s primarily because I like something that has a little more substance to it. I'm probably going to install 11s here pretty soon to see what they are like (I don't see myself going any higher).
Thanks.
I actually do not like to red color so I went with two tone. I haven't changed the strings but they're already dead since I've played the heck out of it already. I bought Elixirs nano 10's which I will be putting on tonight. I do like the 9's feel and bending capabilities. Before I put Elixirs I might just get a cheapest 10's I could find just to test it, since Elixirs are expensive to use as a test.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 PM

One thing I noticed about the Elixirs is that they feel weird for the first couple of days, then you either get used to the feel, or some of the coating wears off. After that they sound good and last a long time.

I put plain old D'Addario 11s on mine; it takes a little less adjusting when going from an acoustic to the Strat.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification