The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 PM

Default how would you rank the pickup systems for nylons, & where does godin fit?

For instance I see yamaha uses what they call system 61 (soundboard transducers) in their ncx & ntx line, then system 49 in their more expensive MIJ gcx31c that has what looks like a small microphone pointed at the strings from inside the soundhole.

Is takamine doing the same with their th90 (is that also a mic on the inside pointed at the strings)? Versus the flagship of their more crossover nylon line, the tc135sc?

How would you rank the above pickup systems, just in terms of which one will reproduce the most natural sound at low volumes (put aside acoustic volume/tone, price, feedback), with the least amount of that electric noise I so often hear with amplified nylons- the squeak & quack?

Also, i know the godins are completely different instruments here, but where would you rank them among the above for playing amplified exclusively? At what price point do you get their highest end electronics- the $1,500 multiac sa's? Will still sound more electric comparatively regardless of their p/u's, because no sound hole?

Just curious.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical