The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-29-2024, 06:21 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD - Enya X3 Mini

After the positive feedback here I thought I'd like to check one of these out. On sale for $271. helped too. In the past I had ordered and returned one of the Enya Go guitars, it was a major disappointment, I thought it bordered on being a toy. So I didn't have much hope for the X3 Mini, but I was wrong. I've only had it for a day, so here is what I've noticed so far. I think the finish on the top is attractive, well done ! The effects are fun at times, but I tire of them pretty quickly. I haven't done anything with the app yet. The pleasant surprise for me was how good it sounds purely acoustic. The notes are pure and solid...no plastic like tones at all. A small manual explaining the effects and charging procedures would have been nice to include and the action is a bit too high. Stuff that is easily corrected, so no big deal. For a go anywhere, and fairly tough guitar, it seems to me to be hard to beat. At one time I had a McPherson touring that I liked a lot, but found it hard to justify the price for what I was rarely using it for. I've missed it, so hopefully this will fill in for that a bit. THe Enya is NOT at the level and quality of the Mcpherson, but I think it will work for me.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:09 PM

How is the action at the first fret? I ask because I too tried an Enya Go, and was disappointed that they had used a zero fret that was much taller than the rest of the frets, giving an action at the first fret of 0.040", which is twice what it ought to be. Zero frets can be great, but having to sand down a zero fret to get the action down to a comfortable level is a real pain. Why not just use a regular fret for the zero?
Old 03-30-2024, 06:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Christens View Post
How is the action at the first fret? I ask because I too tried an Enya Go, and was disappointed that they had used a zero fret that was much taller than the rest of the frets, giving an action at the first fret of 0.040", which is twice what it ought to be. Zero frets can be great, but having to sand down a zero fret to get the action down to a comfortable level is a real pain. Why not just use a regular fret for the zero?
Action at the first fret is very low, I wouldn't want it any lower. Open and bar chords in the first three positions are fine, the action gets higher than I am used to for bar chords further up the neck.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:00 AM

I can't believe how good this guitar sounds for it's price point. Mine came with the action low and easy to play with no buzz up the neck. Certainly does the job as a travel guitar for a reasonable price.

Collings 2012 OM1
Collings 2019 0001
Martin 2018 0-18
Eastman E20OM-TC
Enya X3 Pro Mini
Old 04-02-2024, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkysings View Post
I can't believe how good this guitar sounds for it's price point. Mine came with the action low and easy to play with no buzz up the neck. Certainly does the job as a travel guitar for a reasonable price.
I'm with you! Especially when set to regular acoustic mode. I sanded down the saddle and the playability is great now. It really made a nice difference. The neck is a bit narrow, but not something I can't adapt too easily.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber