The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-20-2019, 06:44 PM

Late 50's, was married for 13 years, got a dissolution about 17 years ago. No kids, but we split the dogs and cats. Dated a little. Met a woman 11 years ago through work, though not a co-worker. She cares for her elderly mother about an hour away and we see each other on the weekends, vacation together (when I'm willing to go), and spend holidays together. We'll probably get married someday, but we both have careers and are old enough to appreciate (and respect) each other's do your own thing time.

I was very sad when my marriage ended, but had my job and played guitar a lot (Garth Brooks THE DANCE was one that hit home a bit at the time). You feel sad for a while and the heartache fades away if you let it and then...sometimes happiness just shows up and happens. The future is full of possibilities!
Old 10-20-2019, 07:20 PM

I am sorry to read of your troubles, time helps heal a broken heart.

Keeping yourself occupied will definitely help.

Idle time is not advised.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ville Brent View Post
Late 50's, was married for 13 years, got a dissolution about 17 years ago. No kids, but we split the dogs and cats. Dated a little. Met a woman 11 years ago through work, though not a co-worker. She cares for her elderly mother about an hour away and we see each other on the weekends, vacation together (when I'm willing to go), and spend holidays together. We'll probably get married someday, but we both have careers and are old enough to appreciate (and respect) each other's do your own thing time...
You point out something that I've learned, and that is our needs for a relationship and what shape that relationship takes can be very, very different later in life than it is when we're younger...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic