The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-03-2018, 12:49 PM

Default FB page

Greetings, longtime reader, new poster.
I was thinking of starting a FB-Private Group for exchanging dexter patches (similar to some of the electric modeling and IR groups I've been a part of). I would double check with James May first, but if he gives something like a thumbs up, would the rest of you regulars be interested?

Folks would be able to share their TD files together with the guitar, mic, and angle.

Thoughts?
Old 09-03-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgriffing View Post
I was thinking of starting a FB-Private Group for exchanging dexter patches (similar to some of the electric modeling and IR groups I've been a part of). I would double check with James May first, but if he gives something like a thumbs up, would the rest of you regulars be interested?

Folks would be able to share their TD files together with the guitar, mic, and angle.

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:42 PM

I think once you've bought the TD what you with it (apart from reverse engineering and cloning for profit) is up to you. I'd suggest it would be an astute move for Audiosprockets put a little server space aside to host an archive and discussion space in the way Cockos host the Reaper Stash. Keeps things in-house and develops the user base.

I'm not a FB user so wouldn't be included but it does sound like a good idea.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:20 PM

I figured a fb group would be easier for the company. Audiosprockets is a small shop and creating and maintaining an "exchange forum" is a lot of work. Thanks for the feedback, we'll see what they have to say. (and further thoughts are always welcome)
Old 01-17-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgriffing View Post
I was thinking of starting a FB-Private Group for exchanging dexter patches (similar to some of the electric modeling and IR groups I've been a part of). I would double check with James May first, but if he gives something like a thumbs up, would the rest of you regulars be interested?Folks would be able to share their TD files together with the guitar, mic, and angle. Thoughts?
This is a better place. FB sucks. I left last year.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification