The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-07-2020, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations! Enjoy your beautiful new Martin!
Gibson J-45 Standard
Breedlove Pursuit Concerto CE
Takamine F400S 12-string
Yamaha FG800
Citation CIT8000 "The Survivor"
Electrics:
Fender Standard Stratocaster (2004)
Old 04-07-2020, 11:35 AM

Yep! She's a beauty alright. May she bring you much joy and happiness. Thanks for the pic.
2017 D'angelico ES1 Archtop
2018 Taylor 914ce
2019 Martin HD-28e
Old 04-07-2020, 11:38 AM

Wow, stunning! Congratulations!
Preston Thompson: O Koa
Old 04-07-2020, 02:01 PM

Fantastic, a John Mayer Martin! Congrats and Enjoy.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmitz54 View Post
It’s a beauty. I’ll have to play one sometime, now you’ve peaked my interest about the neck. What’s the difference from the MLO?
The OMJM has a "low profile." It's even thinner than the MLO, which is probably a no-go for some (may be a bit too crampy). But it fits my hand perfect.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:30 PM
Charter Member

That is a BEAUTY!

Congratulations!
Old 04-07-2020, 08:08 PM
Charter Member

Most excellent. Big congrats!
Old 04-08-2020, 06:10 AM

Super nice! Beautiful guitar. Enjoy!
Old 04-08-2020, 08:20 AM

Whoa! Happy NGD... Very nice, indeed! Enjoy it, friend!
Old 04-08-2020, 08:27 AM

One of my playing buddies has one - sweet guitar. Congratulations!
Alvarez 12 String
Gibson ES345s
Fender P-Bass
Gibson tenor banjo
Old 05-11-2020, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Wow, I could have written this post myself. Only thing I'd have to add is that RHCP got me into playing guitar and my first was a Strat. Still have it! But then along came my DMB obsession in 9th grade..and then along came my first acoustic guitar: a Martin DX1. Still have that too. Spent years learning Dave's library with that guitar. During college that kind of fizzled out and my JM obsession started. I played Continuum over and over and over and over again. It started to get even more intense a few years ago with the release of TSFE. He's since become my favorite musician -- and that's a question I didn't used to want to answer when people asked because I felt like I couldn't commit to one artist!

Another similarity? On Friday night I also pulled the trigger on an OMJM. I haven't even played it yet but I'm pretty certain that it's my forever guitar. The neck specs are pretty unique and EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Pretty pumped to be returning "home" to Martin after years of Taylor guitars! I'm not giving up my GS Mini though.

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'09 Craig Anderson/Burlington Guitars B-2 Custom
'01 Martin DX-1
'00 Fender Stratocaster (Midnight Blue)

facebook.com/whitneyborisenok
Old 05-12-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wborisenok View Post
Wow, I could have written this post myself. Only thing I'd have to add is that RHCP got me into playing guitar and my first was a Strat. Still have it! But then along came my DMB obsession in 9th grade..and then along came my first acoustic guitar: a Martin DX1. Still have that too. Spent years learning Dave's library with that guitar. During college that kind of fizzled out and my JM obsession started. I played Continuum over and over and over and over again. It started to get even more intense a few years ago with the release of TSFE. He's since become my favorite musician -- and that's a question I didn't used to want to answer when people asked because I felt like I couldn't commit to one artist!

Another similarity? On Friday night I also pulled the trigger on an OMJM. I haven't even played it yet but I'm pretty certain that it's my forever guitar. The neck specs are pretty unique and EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Pretty pumped to be returning "home" to Martin after years of Taylor guitars! I'm not giving up my GS Mini though.
Awesome brother. You're gonna love her. Just make sure you get a good setup and you'll be ready to roll!!!
Old 05-12-2020, 07:20 PM

First of all: congratulations on a fantastic guitar! May it bring you years of happiness!

Semi-related side story time. One of my favorite acts in college was Toad the Wet Sprocket. Broke up in late 90s, and frontman Glen Phillips takes up residency at the Largo in Hollywood (original location on Fairfax). My now-ex and I go to literally just about every show he did, and I can't recall if he played every Wednesday or every other Wednesday, for about 3 years, and we made all but maybe 5 of those shows. He played with a lot of other artists there during that residency, and he also allowed some unknown artists to open for him, usually small 5-6 song sets, about a half hour.

One tall lanky guy sporting an acoustic guitar opened for him one random night. Sat down on a chair (or maybe it was a stool) that was way too small for him. Was very audience shy, rarely looked up at the crowd. The Largo wasn't very big, less than 100 I would think, but very intimate with the tables (which got priority as they served dinner) going right up to the stage, and standing room in the back. We thought he was pretty good, but needed to work on that stage presence.

Then several months later, we had MTV going and a video comes on. My ex shouts to me (I'm in the kitchen) "hey it's that 'run through the halls of my high school' guy who opened for Glen!"

Guess things worked out for that guy.
-Organic Sounds Select Guitars
-Down Home Guitars
Old 05-12-2020, 07:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJTR View Post
Awesome brother. You're gonna love her. Just make sure you get a good setup and you'll be ready to roll!!!
*sister

I've already got my luthier on standby! How'd yours arrive? Did it need much?

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'09 Craig Anderson/Burlington Guitars B-2 Custom
'01 Martin DX-1
'00 Fender Stratocaster (Midnight Blue)

facebook.com/whitneyborisenok
Old 05-12-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakewoodM32Fan View Post
First of all: congratulations on a fantastic guitar! May it bring you years of happiness!

Semi-related side story time. One of my favorite acts in college was Toad the Wet Sprocket. Broke up in late 90s, and frontman Glen Phillips takes up residency at the Largo in Hollywood (original location on Fairfax). My now-ex and I go to literally just about every show he did, and I can't recall if he played every Wednesday or every other Wednesday, for about 3 years, and we made all but maybe 5 of those shows. He played with a lot of other artists there during that residency, and he also allowed some unknown artists to open for him, usually small 5-6 song sets, about a half hour.

One tall lanky guy sporting an acoustic guitar opened for him one random night. Sat down on a chair (or maybe it was a stool) that was way too small for him. Was very audience shy, rarely looked up at the crowd. The Largo wasn't very big, less than 100 I would think, but very intimate with the tables (which got priority as they served dinner) going right up to the stage, and standing room in the back. We thought he was pretty good, but needed to work on that stage presence.

Then several months later, we had MTV going and a video comes on. My ex shouts to me (I'm in the kitchen) "hey it's that 'run through the halls of my high school' guy who opened for Glen!"

Guess things worked out for that guy.
That must've been when he still lived in Cali and went to Berklee College of Music. That's awesome. He moved to Atlanta after he left Berklee (I live close to Atlanta). There, he played a lot of shows at Eddie's Attic, which is another small intimate location. The rest is history

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion