The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

Default SOLD**2003 Claxton EM-C Braz/Adi**SOLD

Fabulous guitar from Ed. $12,000 net to me for AGF members. Here is link with all information. Somebody should jump on this before I come to my senses

The link on Reverb
https://rvrb.io/2003-em-c-uls35d

The link on Dream Guitars
https://www.dreamguitars.com/shop/20...ce-70-127.html

Last edited by Rwpierce; 04-10-2020 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

Default Claxton EMc

Buy it!

I have had 3 brw EMs of which two were cutaways (EMc). I sold my first to a member at the Memphis show in 2015 after saying I would never ever sell it. My AGF friend fell in love with it and I got so much enjoyment watching him play the best guitar he ever touched for about 4 hours every day of the show.

I then longed for another one and found a non cutaway EM, and then almost immediately had the chance to get another EMc and jumped on it. I sold the EM.

Ed Claxton is the best solo builder not using a CNC and is in my top three with Jim (Olson) any year, pre or post CNC and Ervyn (Somogyi) in 2001-2004. They are the best of the best.

This EMc being sold is brw, cutaway Claxton. They are special and I know the only reason Rob is selling is he bought the best guitar I ever played or owned and just received a commission. I've played this Claxton and I will vouch for it.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Bruce. This is an opportunity for someone. Not many of Ed's works of art and tone are available and this one is quite special as you have so aptly described. It all so has some cool history as it was previously a part of Jason Kostal's fantastic guitar collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbypad View Post
Buy it!

I have had 3 brw EMs of which two were cutaways (EMc). I sold my first to a member at the Memphis show in 2015 after saying I would never ever sell it. My AGF friend fell in love with it and I got so much enjoyment watching him play the best guitar he ever touched for about 4 hours every day of the show.

I then longed for another one and found a non cutaway EM, and then almost immediately had the chance to get another EMc and jumped on it. I sold the EM.

Ed Claxton is the best solo builder not using a CNC and is in my top three with Jim (Olson) any year, pre or post CNC and Ervyn (Somogyi) in 2001-2004. They are the best of the best.

This EMc being sold is brw, cutaway Claxton. They are special and I know the only reason Rob is selling is he bought the best guitar I ever played or owned and just received a commission. I've played this Claxton and I will vouch for it.

Last edited by Rwpierce; 04-04-2020 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:27 PM

Bruce, I can vouch for how good the 2001 somogyis were as I once owned a mod d several serial numbers from your 2001 om. Truly one of the greatest guitars i ever played.

Please do reveal what is that best guitar you ever played is that you briefly mentioned in your post! It must be some guitar to deserve such accolades...

Quote:
Buy it!

Old 04-04-2020, 10:59 PM
Charter Member

Wow, great looking guitar. Claxtons are consistently amazing.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:07 PM
Charter Member

Default Best guitar I ever owned or played

I will defer to the owner to reveal the best guitar as I am not the owner and am uncomfortable doing so.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:59 PM
Charter Member

Smile Yikes

Sure sounds great with Paul H playing the fingerstyle blues...

Yum!

Stay well and have fun

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 04-05-2020, 04:07 AM
Charter Member

Rob??? Are you okay???

You must have acquired something truly unique to let this absolutely stunning Claxton go.

If you fail to come to your senses, I guess you can take comfort in the knowledge that at least you'll be making somebody else extremely happy.

For the record, my Claxton is the most rewarding of all the guitars in my little harem of extremely rewarding guitars. In fact, it's right up there with the 2 or 3 most rewarding guitars I've ever played, but those others cost 2 or 3 times as much.

Good luck with your sale, although you probably won't need it!
Old 04-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Charter Member

Thanks Doug, yes every Claxton that I have had the pleasure to play has been fantastic. Ed just makes amazing guitars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Wow, great looking guitar. Claxtons are consistently amazing.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Bruce no worries. Gitarro, Bruce is referring to 2002 Somogyi OMc #295 that I purchased from him. I wholeheartedly agree

Quote:
I will defer to the owner to reveal the best guitar as I am not the owner and am uncomfortable doing so.

Last edited by Rwpierce; 04-05-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:19 PM
Charter Member

Haha Deft. Yes, I think I'm alright but who knows! With that said, I do have an abundance of amazing boutique Brazilian rosewood guitars. Just received new build from Bruce Sexauer in Pernambuco that I'm quite thrilled about. Have another new build in Cuban Mahogany that I should receive in June. So I guess you could say I'm kind of rebalancing the stable. This is an amazing guitar and your quite right that whoever buys this will be extremely happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
Rob??? Are you okay???

You must have acquired something truly unique to let this absolutely stunning Claxton go.

If you fail to come to your senses, I guess you can take comfort in the knowledge that at least you'll be making somebody else extremely happy.

For the record, my Claxton is the most rewarding of all the guitars in my little harem of extremely rewarding guitars. In fact, it's right up there with the 2 or 3 most rewarding guitars I've ever played, but those others cost 2 or 3 times as much.

Good luck with your sale, although you probably won't need it!

Last edited by Rwpierce; 04-06-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:07 PM
Charter Member

This Claxton is among the very best sounding guitars I've had the pleasure of playing. There were some real $$$ heavy-weights in the room along side it and it more than held its own.

What makes this specific guitar so magical is this - its tone is the PERFECT meld of vintage and modern. It has the harmonic complexity, warmth and sustain of modern voiced instrument along with the earthy "woody" attack and quickness of sound production great vintage guitars tend to carry.

As result, you could somehow go from playing beautiful alternate tuning Ed-Gerhard "Moon River" kinda landscapes to a peppy lil' Al Petteway-style rag, effortlessly.

One day, my Claxton time will come, but in the meantime, best of wishes and congrats in advance to the new owner. It will likely be the best guitar-based decision you've made, maybe ever!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:53 PM
Charter Member

I have 3 Claxtons, and I'm still tempted by this one :-)
Old 04-07-2020, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

You know what they say Doug, "threes a charm"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I have 3 Claxtons, and I'm still tempted by this one :-)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwpierce View Post
Bruce no worries. Gitarro, Bruce is referring to 2002 Somogyi OMc #295 that I purchased from him. I wholeheartedly agree
I believe that your #295 was actually made in 2001 and not in 2002 - like the mod d I once owned which is also only a few serial numbers from yours. The building ot the 2001 somogyis were assisted by michi matsuda and are among the very best somogyi ever made of any year.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars