The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 03-19-2020, 11:00 AM
Charter Member

Default Free At Home Concerts

A small label Signature Sounds in Northampton MA has some great artists that often play at a small 95 seat Parlor Room venue. During the COVID19 experience, they are streaming some of the shows on line for free. Winterpills Friday, Chris Smither Sunday and The Suitcase Junket next Friday. See details for watching here:

https://www.signaturesoundspresents....n-northampton/

They are great company that supports its recording artists.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:50 PM

My favorite venue, as intimate as can be. I'll tune in to the Chris Smither show, for sure. Thanks for posting this.
Pono OO-20
Pono OP-30DC
Old 03-19-2020, 05:52 PM

That's a great tip! Thanks for posting it.

I see Chris Smither is streaming this Sunday.

If there are folks out there who are not familiar with Chris I highly recommend you take the opportunity to watch the concert for free. He's one of a kind and a great entertainer.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:05 AM

Toby Walker also has two upcoming concerts that will be streamed: Sat. March 21st at 1:30 pm and 7:00 pm EDT. Donations will be gratefully accepted.

https://www.littletobywalker.com/str...by-walker.html
Old 03-20-2020, 11:45 AM

I'm in Des Moines, IA, which, for it's size, has a very active music community. With COVID-19 virtually all live music venues are shut down. Many of the local musicians are doing live mini-concerts online. Last night I tuned into three different ones... all friends/clients of mine, and I was aware of several others going on at the same time. These concerts really foster a sense of community.... listeners making comments, requesting songs, virtually chatting among themselves... almost more so than being there. One of the performers was donating all of his tip money (paypal contributions) to another local musician who was harder hit by his loss of income.

I'm sure this sort of thing is going on all over the country, and I encourage you all to search them out and support them.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:39 PM

Did anyone get info on Al Petteway's concert tonight via Dream Guitars and a concert outlet? 7-8:30. The link is via eventbrite.com, but the original message is from Paul at Dream Guitars. It's free, but with suggested donation.
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 03-20-2020, 01:53 PM

Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs, NY is streaming live music at 8 pm each night on their YouTube channel.

http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCH5Iqij-VpBAqUNbuzBIvpw
Old 03-20-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
A small label Signature Sounds in Northampton MA has some great artists that often play at a small 95 seat Parlor Room venue. During the COVID19 experience, they are streaming some of the shows on line for free. Winterpills Friday, Chris Smither Sunday and The Suitcase Junket next Friday. See details for watching here:

https://www.signaturesoundspresents....n-northampton/

They are great company that supports its recording artists.
Thanks so much for this! We watched the Winterpills show that finished a little while ago, and it was excellent. We donated the money we would have spent on a couple of drinks at a bar.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:44 AM

The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield MO is doing similar events starting last night featuring Molly Healey, local very talented fiddle, cello and guitar . Had her young daughter with her on some tunes playing guitar and providing beautiful harmonies.
Have acts lined up for next 6 weeks frequently. I don t play on social media much so am more than a little befuddled on navigating it and then pulling off a “donation” to show support/gratitude for performance.
These shows are on Facebook and Utube

Last edited by Dickey Clapton; 03-21-2020 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Forgot some info
Old 03-22-2020, 07:27 PM

I watched the Chris Smither concert, and it was great; I found myself clapping at the end of each song.

I wanted to send a donation to Signature Sounds, which is what I did for the Winterpills concert on Friday, but the Pay-Pal "Donate" button seems to have disappeared. Chris mentioned something about tipping via "Venmo", but I don't know what that means (looks like another Pay-Pal-like thing).

Any way, this got me thinking: How about an AGF sticky thread for these web concerts?
Old 03-23-2020, 12:14 AM
Charter Member

I watched both of the Winterpills and Chris Smither performances and liked them a lot. I think the format of joining the performers in their homes works well and following the ongoing chat with viewers is fun. I was able to use PayPal for both shows. I live near Chris so I get to see him often and he never disappoints. My first notice of Collings guitars was watching Chris play. He sure is a nifty player. That Gibson he played sure was nice too.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:05 AM

Thanks for sharing info on these concerts.
Here's a YT link to the Chris Smither show last night. Wonderful warm positive performance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kfl4zOXe1w
Blessings and please stay home if you can.
Hamilton
Old 03-28-2020, 03:51 PM

Jewel Live from San Quarantine:

Old 03-28-2020, 03:52 PM

[QUOTE=LindaW;6331809]Jewel Live from San Quarantine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqZe2Mls97I
Old 03-28-2020, 03:59 PM

I live in a college town and one tavern in particular really supports live music. Did a FB live show there last night to benefit his employees...ended up with 2,000+ viewers and raised over $14,000. The tavern owner says he'll be able to pay his entire staff for a month...

https://www.facebook.com/davesdarkhorse/

Had to play some request I wasn't too familiar with but when folks are sending the money you do what you can...
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN