The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-02-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
As an update I just picked up a thr10ii. Also a good choice for a home practice amp if space is a premium or you have a desktop use case. Much better all around and for Accoustic from what I've seen so far than my thr5a
it is really better the the thr5a for acoustic purpose?
Yamaha LL-TA
Old 04-02-2020, 10:22 AM

Default Fish man Loud Box Mini

I don’t know if this place is legitimate but it has they have good deals:

https://www.proaudiostar.com/loudbox-mini-60-watts.html

Russ
Old 04-02-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjathon View Post
I don’t know if this place is legitimate but it has they have good deals:

https://www.proaudiostar.com/loudbox-mini-60-watts.html

Russ
I have bought from proaudiostar.com before on multiple ocasions,
They are legitimate and have always shipped quick .. Never had any problems.
My purchases have been priced right so I bought from them.
Trustable place to buy ? YES !
Old 04-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaMN View Post
it is really better the the thr5a for acoustic purpose?
So far with my limited testing it has a number of things that are better. First off the speakers and output volume sound better and louder to me. The quality through headphones sound at least as good if not better. I'll caveat with the fact that I have only tried my folding classical (with a piezo) through it haven't tried one of my full sized acoustics yet.

It does have the acoustic model that closely approximates the three different mic'd variations and in my limited comparison they seem to sound at least as good if not better. You also have the broader speaker cab simulations open. It appears to have more clean headroom before distorting.

There is no equivalent to the nylon setting but I found my nylons sounded better on the condenser setting anyway.

As far as I can tell the new one does not have the capability to blend the pickup sound with the modeled sound with a variable ratio as the old one did. So that may be a drawback. Edit: it looks like the 10ii has a similar feature adjusting the gain control when in acoustic mode have to try it out

The flat channel seems to also provide a straight through on the new one so a preamp box of some kind should work well with that.

You have the ability to control it and stream backing tracks via Bluetooth which is great.

And if you also play electric the new one is *way* better so you can actually use it for both types of instrument.

The reverbs also seem to have a larger variety but the app gives you less direct control parameters.

Last edited by Aspiring; 04-02-2020 at 01:54 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification