The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 03-25-2020, 07:50 AM
Guest 33123

Default National reso green light! (sort of...)

Hi guys,

as you may have noted I've been toying with the idea of getting a National reso but I was holding off until the finances were sorted out. Well it looks like my guitar camp vacation in May might fall through due to COVID so I talked to my wife about taking the refund and doing something musical with it. She agreed and I think if it comes down to it I'll turn the money into a National, probably a new Triolian. I'd definitely prefer to go to camp but this will make me feel a bit better about the whole thing.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Hi guys,

as you may have noted I've been toying with the idea of getting a National reso but I was holding off until the finances were sorted out. Well it looks like my guitar camp vacation in May might fall through due to COVID so I talked to my wife about taking the refund and doing something musical with it. She agreed and I think if it comes down to it I'll turn the money into a National, probably a new Triolian. I'd definitely prefer to go to camp but this will make me feel a bit better about the whole thing.
That for sure sounds like a cloud with a silver lining!

I always wanted a National since seeing Son House play a Syle O Duolian live back in 1964 and John Hammond play a Style O Duolian live a couple of times in the 1970s. I just got a Republic Duolian that sounds and plays pretty nice but someday Ill get a National.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 03-25-2020, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

Doug, I think that would fit you to a T. I've been listening to some Tom Feldmann on a resonator lately, so your post was timely.

I don't recall hearing you play slide, will you be using it for that purpose?
Old 03-25-2020, 09:06 AM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
That for sure sounds like a cloud with a silver lining!

I always wanted a National since seeing Son House play a Syle O Duolian live back in 1964 and John Hammond play a Style O Duolian live a couple of times in the 1970s. I just got a Republic Duolian that sounds and plays pretty nice but someday Ill get a National.
I'm going to have to wait a month and a half to see how my camp plays out but I am scanning the internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
Doug, I think that would fit you to a T. I've been listening to some Tom Feldmann on a resonator lately, so your post was timely.

I don't recall hearing you play slide, will you be using it for that purpose?
I do not play slide currently but I do have a really nice hand cut bottleneck that I may get some use out of!
Old 03-25-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
I'm going to have to wait a month and a half to see how my camp plays out but I am scanning the internet!
National has a 20% off sale right now. That's assuming you were buying new.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:41 AM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
National has a 20% off sale right now. That's assuming you were buying new.
Thanks blue. I'm in Canada so I'll be working with one of our local dealers since the Canadian dollar is taking a beating.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments