The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 12-21-2018, 12:13 PM

Default Unidentified Archtop

All,

My friend pulled this archtop out of a garbage in Boston years and years ago. It has no strings, bridge or nut when I purchased it from him. I brought it to a guitar shop and had them seal some cracks. They put on a bone nut and new bridge as well as some other structural work.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I had it by a heating vent last winter and I believe that is the reason why the front of the body shifted and became misaligned again (fairly annoyed with myself).

Anyway, I've done a bit of research and have been unable to identify the maker of the guitar. There's nothing inside the body that identifies a maker and I've been unable to find another guitar with a similar design on the head.

Any ideas?

Old 12-22-2018, 07:58 AM
AGF Sponsor

It’s probably a Lyon & Healy.

Howard Emerson
Old 12-22-2018, 08:03 AM
AGF Sponsor

In case you're wondering: Your pictures aren't showing up, and on my iPhone there didn't even appear to be any empty boxes, even, hence my attempt at humor.

On my Mac there clearly are 3 large boxes with X's in them.

Regards,
Howard
Old 12-22-2018, 12:21 PM

I see nothing... Not even an X.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops