The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 09-26-2018, 07:46 PM

Default Looking archtop guitar music

Lately ive been hook by the amazing archtop guitar builders (Mirabella, Elferink, and the list goes on as we know), but I want to listen some music made with archtop guitars.

I would like to listen acoustic archtops, without pickup, but plugged too of course, and, very important, i really would like to listen a duo of guitars (not just a solo duo, but yes 2 guitars in the music, or a trio, or a quartet, etc). If you can reccomend me something to listen thanks. I think the most close to this i found was the quartet of the 4 seasons with the Monteleone guitars.

Not looking on the big names as Wes Montgomery, Metheny or any of that kind, unknonw people (at least for me).

This is my first post here so sorry if this is not the kind request to post here, and if you can reccomend me a site to find music would be good. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:38 PM

Search for the Monteleone guitars 4 seasons concert.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 09-26-2018, 08:58 PM

Go to YouTube and type in "archtop guitar" - there's a lot of good music out there...
Old 09-26-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man-Argentina View Post
Lately ive been hook by the amazing archtop guitar builders (Mirabella, Elferink, and the list goes on as we know), but I want to listen some music made with archtop guitars.

I would like to listen acoustic archtops, without pickup, but plugged too of course, and, very important, i really would like to listen a duo of guitars (not just a solo duo, but yes 2 guitars in the music, or a trio, or a quartet, etc). If you can reccomend me something to listen thanks. I think the most close to this i found was the quartet of the 4 seasons with the Monteleone guitars.

Not looking on the big names as Wes Montgomery, Metheny or any of that kind, unknonw people (at least for me).

This is my first post here so sorry if this is not the kind request to post here, and if you can reccomend me a site to find music would be good. Thanks.
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum!

Also, I see you are from Mendoza. Me and my family have visited there many times - its one of our favorite places. Have a glass of Malbec for me!
Old 10-10-2018, 10:12 AM

If you like nice melodies and harmonies, check out the Steve Greene Trio. Steve's CD's are available on Amazon. He also has a website: SteveGreene.com.

John
Old 10-10-2018, 10:45 AM

Default I have this one

https://www.amazon.com/Here-Comes-Jo.../dp/B00005Y9RF

Good stuff

"If you try to play like someone else, Who will play like you". Quote from Johnny Gimble

The only musician I have to impress today is the musician I was yesterday.

No tubes, No capos, No Problems.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:25 AM

This page has links to a lot of good acoustic archtop music, including duets by Eddie Lang, Carl Kress, Dick McDonough, and others. This music was conceived for and performed on exactly these instruments:

http://jazzhotbigstep.com/70001.html

Also, look for the CD "Pioneers of Jazz Guitar"
Old 10-21-2018, 01:34 AM

Thanks for replying.

If any have some other names come to mind would be nice to listen.

Im not looking for early/vintage players, yes vintage music but not vintage players, could be modern music and players too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops