The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

Default Keaggy's Canarios

Can anyone play it (other than Phil Keaggy I mean)? If so, any tips on how to get into it? I can usually muddle through sheet music and at least come up with something that sounds remotely like the song I'm trying to play, but this one is killing me.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:05 PM

Gosh, call me ignorant here, but I've not heard Keaggy's Canarios.... how different is it from the more standard versions in the classical literature is it?
Old 06-25-2003, 06:11 AM
Charter Member

Doc, if memory serves me correctly, it wouldn't be terribly different than other versions I've heard. I'm not really familiar enough with "standard" renditions of the tune to make a fair comparison though.

I'll drop you an email with a PDF copy of Keaggy's arrangement if you're interested.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:45 AM

I have several arrangements.... it is a bear to play with the right 'bounce' (I'm not there yet). Really a neat song to hear, lively and bouncy with interesting syncopation. I actually use it as background music for one of my magic routines. I don't know if you are familiar with powertab... which I highly recommend as a freeware. You can download over 5000 tabs (with standard notation as well) and you can hit the play button and hear them as well. sometimes the tab helps with fingering . Canarios is there.

http://www.power-tab.net/

My E-mail is [email protected].

If Chattanooga wasn't four hours away I would have liked to join y'all. Sounded like fun.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:01 AM

Default Where?

I'd be interested in the PowerTab as well, but can't find it...

PowerTab is excellent software.

If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted business. John D. Rockefeller

Uncork New York!
Old 06-25-2003, 07:50 AM

The link I displayed earlier gets you to the site to download the software. The link that follows will get you to the "browse" section where you can browse by artist or song title.

http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=browse

I think to download the software they use 'powertab.net' and to get to the site that has all the tabs archived they use 'powertabs.net'

The following site has another couple of hundred tabs (in powertab format)... nice fingetstyle and a lot of classical http://acousticpower.com/

Enjoy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell