The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-25-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Those look great, so your real name is not Ozzy the Dog???

How is that fantastic guitar now that it is a year or so old. I remember the build thread very well. Lots of doubters on whether the tiered sides etc. would work out?
Hi Tom, My dog is called Ozzy (but I suspect you knew that ).

The guitar is great but I don't want to hijack this thread with an in-depth update so I'll PM you with that.

YouTube
Old 06-25-2018, 05:42 PM

Definitely not a builder/luthier, but I have played around with a design when I built a kit electric guitar. On another forum, many people come up with their own logos for their build, so I decided to have a go at creating one.
My last name is Quaile, so I come up with the name Custom Q Creations, and shortened the logo to CQC, which happens to also stand for Close Quarters Combat if you happen to be a Metal Gear Solid fan!
This was my second attempt after having a bleeding issue with the marker pen I used for the logo, and the finish I put over the top.

My second build was actually a strip and rebuild of an existing guitar, and the headstock didn't give me a lot of realestate to play with, so I shortened the logo to just the Q, but I split the tail to signify my second build giving it a roman numerals kind of twist.
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 06-25-2018, 08:06 PM

Hopefully I've got the image posting technique down. Mine is pretty simple, my initials with the silhouette of a lake underneath them. (my label inside the guitar is my name and Lakeside Guitars over a color picture of the lakeside view from my house.
https://i.imgur.com/zejf3j6.jpg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop