The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-21-2023, 09:34 AM

Default Any Breedlove C1 owners with recordings to share?

A local guy is selling one of these, and it looks like a great deal, but he's on another island. I've learned my lesson to try before I buy more times than I'm proud to admit so I'm looking for decent sound samples to psych myself up for the journey. I can only find one example on Yt that's recorded well (Pete Petty - One Day, AWESOME track), but there's so many effects added that it's hard to gauge the guitar. I'm a fingerstyle guy, coming from classical/flamenco, so I'm looking for a steel-string responsive to delicate stuff.

An indulgent request perhaps, but I figure there might be someone here who'd like to share
Old 09-21-2023, 03:40 PM

What year was it made? Who signed the label? What woods does it have? And does it have Masterclass styling such as the spoked abalone rosette, fret board bound in bloodwood or koa? I haven't played a C1 but I'm very familiar with a mid 90s CM.

Breedlove Revival DR Deluxe 2009, Jayson Bowerman ...(co-designer Preston Thompson)
Santa Cruz Model F, 1998, Richard Hoover
Yamaha LJ36, 2022, Hiroshi Sakurai
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Old 09-21-2023, 05:15 PM

Hey thanks, it's a '93 Cedar and EIR, with abalone and bloodwood. Signed by both Larry Breedlove and Steve Henderson.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:45 PM

My 1994 was cedar/koa with bloodwood binding, abalone spoked rosette, signed by Steve Henderson and Larry Breedlove. 1993 and 1994 were very early years before they used the term "Masterclass" but all that I've seen from those years were essentially Masterclass level builds and IMO made to be the best quality guitars imaginable. Henderson was very good at voicing the top utilizing the innovative, unusual bridge truss system to partly support the top so they were able to make the tops and bracing thinner and more lively than otherwise. My 1994 had a silky, deeply beautiful tone that I loved that was particularly good in finger style but also was pleasant with gentle strumming. The resonance was otherworldly...went on and on and on, making alternate tunings line open G or DADGAG particularly beautiful.

I only sold mine because I learned that the CM models were rare and highly sought after, commanding a higher price than I was willing to own and keep. If it was me I'd take the risk, those early 90s Breedloves are pretty darn special. If you don't want it please let me know how to inquire about it. Thanks.

Breedlove Revival DR Deluxe 2009, Jayson Bowerman ...(co-designer Preston Thompson)
Santa Cruz Model F, 1998, Richard Hoover
Yamaha LJ36, 2022, Hiroshi Sakurai
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove, breedlove c1, question, recording, sample