The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-07-2020, 06:31 AM

Default How is the McPherson touring neck?

I don’t have the option to try it out, so I would appreciate the input of those that have tried one.
I’m very interested in one of these, since I live in a hot and humid area and the tone (based on the vids I’ve seen) has been impressive to my ears.

I tend to like skinny necks, nothing chunky. Wouldn’t mind a very slight v in the neck, but prefer non v necks.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:45 AM

I find the touring neck VERY comfortable with a wonderful satin finish. It is on the thinner side like Taylor necks and very easy to grip without being sticky. If you like the scale ... I have found this to be one of the best CF necks out there.

Hope this helps...
Old 05-07-2020, 02:42 PM

Thumbs up

It my favorite neck in carbon fiber guitars. Reminds me of an electric guitar. I can play for hours without issues. Similar to a Taylor in terms of comfort.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

Since I own Taylor guitars and both the McPherson Touring and Sable, I can safely say that, to me, McPherson and Taylor necks feel the same. Taylors are, in my opinion, the most playable guitars fresh out of the box among the various guitars I have played, so therefore, so are McPhersons. Unlike Taylors though, the McPherson necks will never shift, so how they feel when you first buy them, is how they will feel for ever unless run over by a truck.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 05-09-2020, 04:10 PM

That’s awesome. I will be getting one of these eventually then.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber