The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-22-2022, 06:53 PM

Question 1 3/4” x 2 1/4” Options?

Sorry for the long post/vent… I’m really having a tough time finding an 00 or OM size guitar with a 1 3/4” nut and 2 1/4” saddle spacing. I prefer a 14 fret or 12 fret w/ cutaway, but no luck. I’ve got an Epiphone Masterbilt EF, bought new, but has a warped neck and major fretboard hump at the neck/ body join - buzz ahoy. Several luthiers and Gibson cert techs have done as much warranty work as possible. I recently bought a used Recording King Shoenberg RP-626, also solid wood with the specs I needed, but the neck is so out of whack it needs a $500-600 neck reset. Way more than guitar is worth per multiple DFW Luthiers. I’ve m done with Chinese builds (for now) and really just want a decent playing guitar with the specs I need.

I believe Larrivee is an option, but would like to stay around $1,200, or lower, if possible. Anyone have any options that I’ve overlooked? I know specs like this don’t matter to most players, but for me they do, especially the saddle spacing.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:36 PM

How about Yamaha's L series? LS16 or LS26 if you prefer the Japanese built, but they're both high quality builds with those spacing specs.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:39 PM

Just about all the American made Breedlove guitars have that spec. You might find a used American series for that price. Also there is a Martin OM15 has those specifications.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

I agree about the Breedloves. The "Concert" model is roughly the same size as an OM, & build quality & tone far surpass their dollar value. You can find very good deals on used ones. But stay with the American built ones for the specs.
Steve
Old 10-22-2022, 07:56 PM

Also Guild M-20/M-40 has those specs and its U.S built, it's 00 size.
https://guildguitars.com/g/m-20-in-natural/

https://guildguitars.com/g/m-40e-in-natural/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
fingerstyle, solid wood guitar