The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-30-2020, 06:22 PM

Default Zoom H6 as a multitrack iPad interface!

I have the Zoom H6, but this is probably true for the H5 and maybe H4N Pro:

I’ve been doing as much audio and video work as possible on my iPad Pro instead of my outdated Windows PC. The reason is that even though the PC is an i7 with 16 GB of RAM, and a 4 GB AMD graphics card, the iPad Pro runs circles around it in terms of raw horsepower. For example, I can edit multiple streams of 4K video at full preview resolution with color correction and transitions. On the iPad Pro. My Windows PC can’t begin to do that. I have to put up with low resolution previews, dropped frames while editing, no color correction added until render, etc..

Anyway, my H6 has a multichannel USB audio interface mode for working with Macs or PCs, but a simpler stereo only USB audio interface mode for using with the iPad.

I never thought to try the computer multiport PC/Mac interface mode with my iPad until today. To my surprise, it works just fine on the iPad, and with Auria, I can access all the ins and outs independently! It seems to work great!

Anyway, I thought I would pass this on in case anyone else here can use this info.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD