The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-16-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock School Of Music View Post
jaytee32

Schertler is shipping to the US they just happen to be on a two week Holiday
Yes this is what they told me a Django.
The techs at schertler are all on holiday.
The techs have to convert the subs EU 220v
To US 110v. And will do so when they get back.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Yes, that does happen, and IME, the worst phase issues come from people that run their stage monitors too hot, and have their monitor sounds bouncing off the back walls of the venue, with those sounds hitting the listener with a time delay.

But for the way you intend to use the Sub, you should be fine, for both little gigs and for concerts. The sub makes any little amp sound better, more full, without overtaking the sound coming from your amp. You just use the volume on the sub to match the volume from your amp. They are great sounding little subs, and they are not very heavy to carry around, as they are only 38lbs, and for sub that's a pretty good weight! Another great thing, with the right size pole, the pole mount really helps to put your acoustic amp at the perfect height!!!

Another thing, on your Elite Acoustic D6-8 MK II, you can EQ the output of your MIX Out XLR to be perfect for the SUB. That should make a great portable rig!!!
I'm curious if you ever use your sub and amp
As a pa. Running with a mixer to the sub first
Than to the roy or whichever amp you use.
I'm curious how the sub handles the low frequency of tha acoustic. 200 hz is well within
A guitars lower register. Which most subs dont
pickup until you drop d..?
Monitors are the worst culprits.. if your in the
Audience and facing the back of the monitors.
If they are too loud they just muddy up the FOH.
I prefer not to use monitors at all..they never seem to reproduce what is out front and in a band situation there always seems to be someone who has to be louder.
My guitar is what I've heard described as a banjo killer. I walk out in the audience (wireless)
And set my levels and eq. Then just adjust my
senses to compensate for the tone loss or gain
on stage. My guitar (adi over madi) is loud enough for me to hear acoustically..

Last edited by varmonter; 08-16-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
I'm curious if you ever use your sub and amp
As a pa. Running with a mixer to the sub first
Than to the roy or whichever amp you use.
I'm curious how the sub handles the low frequency of tha acoustic. 200 hz is well within
A guitars lower register. Which most subs dont
pickup until you drop d..?
Monitors are the worst culprits.. if your in the
Audience and facing the back of the monitors.
If they are too loud they just muddy up the FOH.
I prefer not to use monitors at all..they never seem to reproduce what is out front and in a band situation there always seems to be someone who has to be louder.
My guitar is what I've heard described as a banjo killer. I walk out in the audience (wireless)
And set my levels and eq. Then just adjust my
senses to compensate for the tone loss or gain
on stage. My guitar (adi over madi) is loud enough for me to hear acoustically..
Yes I've used a mixer with the SUB and the SIDE speaker on a pole with my Allen and Heath ZED 10FX, and my Bose T1. The mixer outs go to the sub inputs, and the 200Hz crossovered outs go to the SIDE. So the sub is putting out full range low end and the SIDE is putting out everything over 200Hz and it sounds really good. I'm sure it would work just as well substituting you EAE amp for my SIDE speaker. If I have a mixer, I prefer using the Side speaker as I'm already EQ'ing the signal before it hits the sub.

BTW I never use monitors with any of these rigs, it's just not necessary. The rig is just slightly back and to the right of me, so I can control all knobs with my right hand.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Yes I've used a mixer with the SUB and the SIDE speaker on a pole with my Allen and Heath ZED 10FX, and my Bose T1. The mixer outs go to the sub inputs, and the 200Hz crossovered outs go to the SIDE. So the sub is putting out full range low end and the SIDE is putting out everything over 200Hz and it sounds really good. I'm sure it would work just as well substituting you EAE amp for my SIDE speaker. If I have a mixer, I prefer using the Side speaker as I'm already EQ'ing the signal before it hits the sub.

BTW I never use monitors with any of these rigs, it's just not necessary. The rig is just slightly back and to the right of me, so I can control all knobs with my right hand.
I'm lookin forward to the arrival if this sub.
This would be how I would run it most of the time
With my zed10 and either the eae or qsc as the top speaker.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Sounds like we have similar plans - I wasn’t intending to make any changes to my rig, (especially since I’m not playing out at all), but with the chance to get these S1s, and the options they offer, my thoughts are -

1 or 2 S1s - no power required -

Sub, with 1 or 2 S1s - only the Sub requires power -

T1 > Sub > S1(s) - power required for T1 and sub only, and would handle 2 guitars/w mics

Mixer > Sub > S1s - this is what I really want to test, and see how well it would work as a small PA system, but I may be expecting too much from it all -

All this is making me far too anxious to get my Sub! I guess I’ll try to order a pole extension to mount an S1 on top of the Sub -
Old 08-21-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Yes this is what they told me a Django.
The techs at schertler are all on holiday.
The techs have to convert the subs EU 220v
To US 110v. And will do so when they get back.
I just got the notice that it's been shipped to
Me from Django... so wait some more.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I just got the notice that it's been shipped to
Me from Django... so wait some more.
Yup! Mine says hopefully delivering Tuesday!
Old 08-25-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
Sounds like we have similar plans - I wasn’t intending to make any changes to my rig, (especially since I’m not playing out at all), but with the chance to get these S1s, and the options they offer, my thoughts are -

1 or 2 S1s - no power required -

Sub, with 1 or 2 S1s - only the Sub requires power -

T1 > Sub > S1(s) - power required for T1 and sub only, and would handle 2 guitars/w mics

Mixer > Sub > S1s - this is what I really want to test, and see how well it would work as a small PA system, but I may be expecting too much from it all -

All this is making me far too anxious to get my Sub! I guess I’ll try to order a pole extension to mount an S1 on top of the Sub -
Yes this is how I intend on using the sub as well.
I have a qsc cp8. A yorkville nx10c and the EAE
D68.. this will certainly cover any rooms I play.
The cp8 will do larger venues where the eae
Doesn't cut it at 80 watts.
I may try this in the band as well using it as an amp. I have the pole. I'm hoping the subs weight
And footprint will support the cp8. Meaning
stability so it doesn't sway and fall over.
It's a relatively small sub..
You can see in rockabillies pics on the first
page that his amp is a bit larger than the sub.
He doesn't have it up very high. Maybe 4 feet.
I generally like mine over peoples heads.
His amp is big. None of my speakers are
That big.
Even though my d-68 is battery powered
I seldom play a place without power. So although
convenient,not really necessary.

Last edited by varmonter; 08-25-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:39 PM
Charter Member

Well, mine came today, so I hope to find some time tomorrow to start plugging various pieces together and cranking it up! Gotta say, looks real good so far -
Old 08-26-2020, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
Well, mine came today, so I hope to find some time tomorrow to start plugging various pieces together and cranking it up! Gotta say, looks real good so far -
Great you should start a thread and give us a review once you get it dialed In..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification