The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 09-19-2021, 12:18 PM

Default Walnut Valley Festival-Winfield

This year was the 49th annual Walnut Valley Festival held in Winfield, Ks. It is a great mixture of bluegrass, old time, folk and eclectic musical groups on 4 stages along with contests (national flatpicking, banjo and other), workshops and a usual attendance of 10,000 plus, many camp on the grounds. It wasn't held last year due to covid and they had a lower attendance this year. Due to my health I could not attend live but they did stream the main stage for three days at a pay per day cost.
I wasn't expecting that much but did watch the entire day yesterday from my home and was quite impressed. Good video and sound and although not the same as being there at least I didn't have to park and walk a half mile or so and sit on a hard bleacher in the stands. Fun for me and I invited a few friends over to watch. Great bluegrass, and folk singer and instrumentalist John McCutcheon and Tom Chapin (Harry's brother) did excellent sets...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN