The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 09-21-2021, 01:22 PM
Charter Member

I'm wondering if this is a fake. But if it's not, the guy who braced it should be fired.

Last edited by UncleJesse; 09-22-2021 at 04:18 AM.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:00 PM

Default A thought

So that serial number...is it possible to learn its story?
Old 09-22-2021, 06:49 PM

I’m 99.99% sure it’s an authentic Martin. I don’t have the guitar with me right now to post more photos as it’s at the shop for repairs, but everything looks legit, along with all the tags, documentation and case that came with it. Waverly tuners, carbon fiber bridge plate, liquid metal bridge pins… it’s authentic. The seller I purchased off Reverb from was unwilling to take the guitar back, but offered a “generous” $100 refund for repair. I’m already quoted at $300+ from the shop. Not so great of a deal after all. I should have persisted and then got Reverb involved, but I didn’t know the extent of the damage at that point, and now I’m well past the Reverb backed return policy.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.November View Post
I’m 99.99% sure it’s an authentic Martin. I don’t have the guitar with me right now to post more photos as it’s at the shop for repairs, but everything looks legit, along with all the tags, documentation and case that came with it. Waverly tuners, carbon fiber bridge plate, liquid metal bridge pins… it’s authentic. The seller I purchased off Reverb from was unwilling to take the guitar back, but offered a “generous” $100 refund for repair. I’m already quoted at $300+ from the shop. Not so great of a deal after all. I should have persisted and then got Reverb involved, but I didn’t know the extent of the damage at that point, and now I’m well past the Reverb backed return policy.
That really sucks. Did it rattle right away? Sounds like he knew it was screwed up and refused your return. Have you tried emailing Martin customer service? I'd hope that they'd fix it even if you aren't the original owner.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair