The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-27-2021, 09:47 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by H165 View Post
Well, it sounds like you're into trying stuff. An old Sunrise might work for you.

Kulak's, no less! Are you a So. CA native?
Yes, SoCal. We live only about 20 minutes from Kulaks. Love (and miss) that place. He's still afloat financially, so I'm hoping he'll be able to reopen by spring. This sucks!

Are you in SoCal, or from here?

sm
Old 09-27-2021, 09:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
For what you're wanting to do, you may have to expand your horizons and invest in a Voiceprint pedal. Check out this video.

Mick, honestly, as fussy as I am, I'm also impatient and technically challenged. I have a Fishman Aura that my lead guitarist still has to set up for me. I'm really a plug-and-play, even at the cost of losing a little of the tone I so fanatically seek.

Will watch this vid nonetheless, out of curiosity.

sm
Old 09-27-2021, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Rudy, hi, I totally agree on the mic option. However, I should have explained further: Mostly what I will be doing is playing open mics where a really quick changeover is necessary. The guys on the boards just don't want to deal with mics. They want the speed and convenience of pickups.

sm
That's interesting. I don't play "open mics" but have manned the board for a couple. The ones I've been to are aptly named; usually a couple of vocal mics and a couple of instrument mics on booms to cover just about any solo / duo situation really quickly.

Setting the level and EQ on a D.I. for an instrument takes a lot more time than pushing a mic up close and bringing up the gains during a 30 second "sound check".

They must do things differently there.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Are you in SoCal, or from here?
Yes and Yes. OC.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification