The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-06-2020, 04:40 AM

Default Seagull natural elements heart of wild cherry

I’ve been playing off and on for years but always had lower end guitars. Bought this guitar for a good price. Anyone else played a seagull natural elements?
Old 08-06-2020, 10:17 PM

Hi there Derrick, I own one. I can’t tell if yours if the folk or MJ model — I have the MJ. I got it used on EBay for a pretty good price about a year ago, as I was looking for a cedar-topped MJ with wider nut and that one fit the bill. I think it may have been 6 or 8 years old when I bought it, can’t tell for sure. Came with old nasty strings, possibly the original ones, as well as a very high action.

So it’s been a bit of a project guitar. I have used it to learn how to do a basic set-up. Went through a couple of saddle blanks in the process and also lost some bridge pins to be replaced. Anyways, now am happy with the set-up and also learned some useful guitar maintenance skills. I’m only an intermediate guitarist at best but I am enjoying the instrument.

One tip — I have found this particular guitar sounds best with a heavy pick (2.0 mm Dunlop flow). Makes notes on the low E string pop much more. Whereas my others sound better with 1.0 or 1.5 mm picks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion