The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-13-2019, 08:18 AM

Default Any Fairbanks guitars in the UK?

Hi, I love the look of the Fairbanks sunburst guitars, especially the L00. I would love to try one if there was one close enough to my home, the chances are slim I know.
If I were to proceed , I’d need to sell quite a few bits n bobs to get the money together but Im wondering if one totally fantastic guitar (if indeed that’s how they turn out to be), is worth trading for a range of other, pretty darn good I have to say, guitars?!
Thoughts?
Thanks Mike.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:33 AM
AGF Sponsor

Hi Mike,

The North American Guitar are the UK dealer for Fairbanks guitars. Looks like they haven't got any in stock just now, but have one incoming. I'd give them a call - they may well be able to put you in touch with a customer who'd be willing to let you try one.

Cheers,
David

Perfecting the interface between you and your guitar.
wolframslides.com
Endorsed by Martin Simpson and Tony McManus.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:43 AM

Hi Mike

I was just about to say the same. NAGC has had them in the past but they don't seem to hang around. Have a word with Ben though, you'll get an honest opinion from him.

Regarding owning one stunner or a few great guitars. It's been my experience that the more guitars you own, the less you play. Unless you love guitars just for the sake of them, ditch them all for the best you can get and spend your time playing it rather than forever searching. Leave it out on a stand and that'll encourage you to play it as well. If your guitar is living in a case it should be living with someone else!

Guitars, like most other things are just stuff to weigh you down. Travel light and you'll enjoy life more.

Good luck with your search and buy the best you can.

Keith

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion