The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 AM

Default Cheap thinline with standard neck dimensions?

Greetings all,

I'm on the hunt for a cheap practice/travel guitar. I don't get on with small bout dimensions but, to keep the sound and size down, thinline bodies are fine. Trouble is every thinline I've found has a crossover, narrow nut width and some have radiused fretboards.

So... a cheap as possible thinline, I can take or leave electrics, with a standard 52mm, 2 inch nut and flat fretboard.

Does such a guitar exist ?

Mant thanks

Keith in the U.K
Old 10-21-2012, 09:38 AM

start from here
http://www.thomann.de/gr/search_dir....ssical&x=0&y=0
Old 10-21-2012, 10:18 AM

i bought an all solid wood thinline classical, standard width neck, flat radius off of ebay earlier this summer. i've really been enjoying it and it is quite comfortable on my shoulder. it sounds and plays very well, although it is lacking in bass. it was a bit of a one off namm demo model that i don't think are really sold in north america. the guitar has a couple of cosmetic issues, but was $500 and was well setup with nice frets. it has no elctronics. the brand name is really stupid, merida extrema trajan. i'm embarassed just typing that, sounds like a large sized condem.

anyway, there are quite a few thinlines like you mention out there, most seem to have built in electronics. and the flamenco bodies (as turn up in the search from paikon above) generally seem to be much shallower, so maybe you could check those out as well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical