The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-16-2018, 01:12 PM

Default Nino Rota - A Time For Us ( Romeo & Juliet OST )

Aloha!

A Time For Us from the movie Romeo & Juliet by the great Nino Rota!

Enjoy.

I will upload videos on a regular basis; enjoy
Old 03-16-2018, 01:34 PM

Very nice Rick - it ended too soon!
Mike
Old 03-16-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickb View Post
Aloha!

A Time For Us from the movie Romeo & Juliet by the great Nino Rota!

Enjoy.

Sounds great, very expressive playing, it looks like you’ve done some serious gear improvement haven’t you ? The sound is beautiful! May I ask what reverb you use? I’m always curious about reverbs, I’m totally obsessed with reverbs haha! Anyway yours sounds great !
Jackson US Soloist

Youtube - Reverbnation - Twitter - Facebook

Old 03-17-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbler View Post
Very nice Rick - it ended too soon!
Mike
Thanks and thanks for commenting, Mike.

And there is a replay button :P haha ( Lame joke - i know )

Old 03-17-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Madsen View Post
Sounds great, very expressive playing, it looks like you’ve done some serious gear improvement haven’t you ? The sound is beautiful! May I ask what reverb you use? I’m always curious about reverbs, I’m totally obsessed with reverbs haha! Anyway yours sounds great !
Thanks, Johan.

And yes. I went from Samsonc01 mics in 2017 to Rode nt5 for the vids in 2018 And it's basic reverb in SONAR platinum.

Which DAW and which reverb do you use? (I'm also completely into reverb - it's so important for acoustic playing.)

Old 03-17-2018, 07:53 AM

always loved that! played beautifully!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:27 AM
AGF Sponsor

Rick, this is so nice. I haven’t heard this song is so long - beautiful playing!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

Very nice Rick!

I have always loved that piece! In fact, it was played at my wife and my wedding about 48 years ago now! Well done!

- Glenn
Old 03-17-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickb View Post
Thanks, Johan.

And yes. I went from Samsonc01 mics in 2017 to Rode nt5 for the vids in 2018 And it's basic reverb in SONAR platinum.

Which DAW and which reverb do you use? (I'm also completely into reverb - it's so important for acoustic playing.)
Concerning the DAW I use Cubase 8, concerning the reverbs I have given several one a try , most of my YT videos were recorded with Waves IR-1 impulses, but on my last ones I’ve used Valhalla vintage Verb (on Once Upon a Time in the West), VNXT plate for Nebula (on the Gladiator Theme) which is said to be absolutely stellar by all, though I’m not really satisfied with the sound but I may be missing something as Nebula is not really plug and play haha ! I’ve also tried Phoenix Verb Nimbus (game of thrones cover). So I don’t know which one I prefer yet as each of those need some tweaking and practice to get the best out of them. My quest will go on !
Jackson US Soloist

Youtube - Reverbnation - Twitter - Facebook

Old 03-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Guest 33123

Awesome Rick!
Old 03-18-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWSog View Post
Rick, this is so nice. I haven’t heard this song is so long - beautiful playing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
always loved that! played beautifully!
Thanks you and thanks for the comments - much appreciated.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Very nice Rick!

I have always loved that piece! In fact, it was played at my wife and my wedding about 48 years ago now! Well done!

- Glenn
Glenn! I read that your surgery went okay and you are currently going to therapy for your recovery - so things went alright, I asume. But now the WAY more important question: when can we expect some more GlennWillowRecordings? (kidding Hope your recovery is going well!)

And what a wonderful story. Now I listen to it in a completely different way.. Now I see a young Glenn and his wife walkin down the aisle

48 years! *Gulp*

Old 03-19-2018, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Madsen View Post
Concerning the DAW I use Cubase 8, concerning the reverbs I have given several one a try , most of my YT videos were recorded with Waves IR-1 impulses, but on my last ones I’ve used Valhalla vintage Verb (on Once Upon a Time in the West), VNXT plate for Nebula (on the Gladiator Theme) which is said to be absolutely stellar by all, though I’m not really satisfied with the sound but I may be missing something as Nebula is not really plug and play haha ! I’ve also tried Phoenix Verb Nimbus (game of thrones cover). So I don’t know which one I prefer yet as each of those need some tweaking and practice to get the best out of them. My quest will go on !
I'm not familiar with any of those But don't you think it could be your mics? I was also fiddling with a lot of settings, but after I changed mics it changed everything :oi

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell