The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-19-2024, 08:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soups View Post
I have heard a lot of Internet videos of vintage guitars, but never one that has sounded this good. And that sound even with a massive added popsicle brace. Worth a watch / listen

Yes that's a really nice sounding D-28.

Martin 0000-18 12-Fret Adi/Sinker Mahogany
Old 03-19-2024, 08:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jelly View Post
Funny, not being a Martin sound fan, I thought it sounded muddy. I thought that age wound have mad it more articulate.

I couldn’t fathom a guitar sounding any more articulate and alive than this. To each his own but…muddy? Agree to disagree.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:36 AM
Charter Member

Well, it sounds fab to me. The D45 is no slouch. He plays beyond well. I sure wish I could get him to do some work for me but if he has a long backlog, that's a problem, as I'm 70! I should have contacted him long ago.
Old 03-19-2024, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soups View Post
I have heard a lot of Internet videos of vintage guitars, but never one that has sounded this good. And that sound even with a massive added popsicle brace. Worth a watch / listen

A follow-up to that original video on the 1934 Martin D-28. Kimsey answers questions from viewers about the instrument, and then plays it some more. The guitar sounds fantastic to my ears.

Old 03-19-2024, 11:21 AM
Charter Member

I bet it sounds sooooo much better live. Those Rode NT1 mics can be a bit tinny depending on what muc-pre they are using.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion