The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-18-2015, 09:12 AM

Default I have to share --- Gene Liberty

I don't see this guy's name mentioned here. He was in DeKalb IL for years and moved to Sheridan for many reasons. One of which is that he is a "chatty Kathy" about all things music related. This tends to interfere with building guitars. But he is always willing to share. I believe he worked with the mechanical engineering department at N.I.U. and created a lot of C.N.C. driven machines decades ago. He played at a pro level in the '70's and began to build.

At first he was electric. Wonderful custom designs. Then he built flat and arched top acoustics. The guy is insanely talented as a musician, a scientist, and a luthier. I just wanted to share. I have NO stake in his business (although I am about to send in a deposit for an electric custom).

I have been to his shop several times over the last 20 years. Him, his stuff, and his cats. I offered to barter a better web site once and he replied he already had too much work. That should indicate how "old-school" this guy is.

2 You Tube clips of him playing guitars he built. 1 electric, 1 acoustic (electric).

His original tagline was (Impossible repairs, done routinely) --- Believe it.

Enjoy.

Chris

The Acoustics

Tom Doerr - Trinity. Flamed Maple under Swiss
Tom Doerr - M/D. Braz under Red
Old 11-18-2015, 11:38 AM

RIDICULOUS! You forgot to mention that he plays a right handed guitar, left handed too. Too much "wow" in one guy.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-18-2015, 11:42 AM

Nothing ridiculous about introducing a good guitarist and Luthier. Thanks for the post Lizard.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf400 View Post
Nothing ridiculous about introducing a good guitarist and Luthier. Thanks for the post Lizard.
I meant ridiculous how talented he is.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop