The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-13-2020, 06:46 PM

Default Martin LXM discontinued clearance sale over at MF

I never shop at MF but was a bit bored yesterday and dropped by and browsed their Larrivees since they seem to be becoming rare lately (maybe)?? Well, their stupid deal of the day was a Little Martin LXM for $209 with a padded bag! I believe they are now discontinued and being replaced with a solid topped rosewood model. I got a blue 2 inch strap for $1.99 and two wall hangers for $11 for the pair. Kinda feeling lucky? The LXMs were gone in a flash, and then had the LXME for a few hours. Man, that had to be the cheapest new Martin ever sold. I just about bought a 3/4 size yamaha before stumbling upon MF. Glad I waited. This all laminate guitar will stay in my truck and hang on the wall with no worries . Hoping my girls will want to learn with it in a few years.

2021 Taylor 114e
2020 Martin 000-18
2020 Martin LXME
Old 02-13-2020, 08:37 PM

Sounds like you found a great deal on the Martin.

On a side note, I hadn't heard anything about Larrivees becoming rare (i.e. less production). That would be very sad.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:10 AM

Thats a great deal. Ive had my LXM for almost ten years and its a great little guitar that sounds better than most people would expect considering its size and construction materials.

As well as being almost immune to the effects of humidity it is also very tough. I have knocked mine on numerous occasions expecting too see dome damage but it doesnt have a mark on it.

Only negative for me is the rossette which is basically a transfer which can come off fairly easily if it comes into contact with sweaty fingers.

1934 Gibson Kalamazoo KG11

www.reverbnation.com/jamesascott
Old 02-17-2020, 03:38 PM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10YC...w?usp=drivesdk

Wow. Couple suprises. First off the price. $209! Who wouldnt like a price like that.
Next the stratabond neck. Its actually attractive and smooth. And the richlite is equally impressive. My biggest surprise is that i was sent the LXME... Hmmm I wanted the E but didnt pay for that. Next is the tone. Love it. Love the size too. Best of all it gets to stay out all the time regardless of humidity. Excellent Martin. Why are you discontinuing this? Btw... The padded Martin embroidered bag is awesome!

2021 Taylor 114e
2020 Martin 000-18
2020 Martin LXME
Old 04-21-2020, 04:44 PM

Sad to see they discontinued them. I've been wanting to pick one of to serve a few purposes. My 8 year old daughter is wanting to learn and I want a guitar for camping, etc. The LXM would fit the bill perfectly. I'm too late to this party I guess!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion