The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-18-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I would too but Jesus and His Apostles kind of sucked at football - I've seen the game films. Kansas City is a different matter. If they were playing in Foxborough I'd pick the Pats, but in KC I gotta go with the Chiefs. When was the last time the Pats won a playoff game on the road? Uhh, 12 years ago, that's when, and that was the team that went undefeated up to the Super Bowl loss to the Giants, not a team that was 3-5 on the road during the regular season.

The Pats looked untouchable last week. At home. They've benefited from playing in a terrible division and almost always playing home games through the playoffs. Yeah, they're great, probably the greatest ever. But they're far from infallible. It won't be easy, it could go either way, but I'm going with the Chiefs.

And yeah, I'm something of a Patriots hater, although hate is far too strong a word. And you would be too if you don't have a particular reason (like geography) to be part of their fan base. I heard a poll on the radio this morning, asking if the GS Warriors were one of the most hated teams in sports. The answer was no way, the most hated teams in sports are the Cowboys, Yankees, Patriots, and Notre Dame. I don't personally have anything against Notre Dame.

-Ray
The undefeated Pats team had a 1 seed, of course, and never played a playoff game on the road until the Superbowl.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-18-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfreggie View Post
I am surprised no one is mentioning the extreme cold that will be in Kansas City. I know football is an "all-weather" sport, but it will have an effect to a degree, and could determine the game. And if I remember correctly Patrick threw 2 interceptions that had they not occurred would have affected the outcome of a 43-40 thriller in New England. In any event, this shapes up to be one of the great playoff games this season. PS, I am a Chiefs fan
Isn't the forecast of an "Arctic Blast" a dud forecast? Isn't it supposed to be much warmer than forecast a few days ago?
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-18-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Isn't the forecast of an "Arctic Blast" a dud forecast? Isn't it supposed to be much warmer than forecast a few days ago?
The Arctic Blast will have past. Prediction for Sunday in KC is mostly sunny, 33/23 w/ light winds. Game time weather should be very pleasant for football.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The undefeated Pats team had a 1 seed, of course, and never played a playoff game on the road until the Superbowl.
You’re right. I read that their last road win in the playoffs was 2007, which I thought was their undefeated season. Obviously could not be correct, as you note...

-Ray
Old 01-18-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
I had my doubts coming into the playoffs, but if they play how they played against the chargers this past Sunday, I think they have this one no problem.
I wouldn't say the Patriots will have no problem with Kansas City but I think they have a great chance to win. Michel is running the ball well and Brady has thrown well the past few weeks too (except for one of those games).
Old 01-18-2019, 06:32 PM

Go Rams! I too am from the Roman Gabriel and Fearsome Foursome days.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I wouldn't say the Patriots will have no problem with Kansas City but I think they have a great chance to win. Michel is running the ball well and Brady has thrown well the past few weeks too (except for one of those games).

Yeah it’s gonna be a tough one. But my sudden confidence in the Patriots is because it wasn’t until last week Sunday that they looked in control from start to finish. Mid second quarter, I already knew they had that game in the bag.

They finished the season with 11 wins and every single one of those wins could’ve easily gone the other way, even when the final score says otherwise, you would’ve noticed if you watched every game. They looked beatable throughout the whole season. It wasn’t until this past Sunday that they looked like the fearsome Patriots everyone hates.

Old age and treachery will win the playoffs and face each other in the super bowl. You heard it here first.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Yeah it’s gonna be a tough one. But my sudden confidence in the Patriots is because it wasn’t until last week Sunday that they looked in control from start to finish. Mid second quarter, I already knew they had that game in the bag.

They finished the season with 11 wins and every single one of those wins could’ve easily gone the other way, even when the final score says otherwise, you would’ve noticed if you watched every game. They looked beatable throughout the whole season. It wasn’t until this past Sunday that they looked like the fearsome Patriots everyone hates.

Old age and treachery will win the playoffs and face each other in the super bowl. You heard it here first.
Yep, last week's Pats' win was an eye opener as to what they can accomplish. Not sure if they'll blitz as often against KC but that strategy worked well against Philip Rivers.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:04 AM

I would love to see the Saints and Patriots square off in the Superbowl.
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 01-19-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty bradbury View Post
I would love to see the Saints and Patriots square off in the Superbowl.
Wow - Drew Brees and Tom Brady. Two 40 year old QBs and both future Hall of Famers. That would be a great matchup.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:

When they went on their stretch in the middle of the season, they looked very good and most of those games did not look like they were going to get beat at any point during those games.

I mean they only trailed for 7 minutes at home the entire season, so for a majority of those home games, they didn't look beatable either.

They weren't their best relative to the typical Pats, but they weren't that bad.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-19-2019, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

Yup, the forecast is now for more playable temps, so it may not affect the game in the least. 20* is much better than 4*! Go Chiefs!
Old 01-19-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
When they went on their stretch in the middle of the season, they looked very good and most of those games did not look like they were going to get beat at any point during those games.

I mean they only trailed for 7 minutes at home the entire season, so for a majority of those home games, they didn't look beatable either.

They weren't their best relative to the typical Pats, but they weren't that bad.
Wow! Only 7 minutes all year? That's gotta be a record.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Just think, if not for that freak play at the end of the Miami game, the Pats would have home field for this game. If it's close and they lose, they can probably blame putting Gronk back at the safety spot for that play. Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth...
Old 01-19-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Wow! Only 7 minutes all year? That's gotta be a record.
Yup, and I think it was all against the Chiefs in the second half of that amazing game.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s